Sunday, June 19, 2005
Why My Dad is Better Than 10 Tigers
1. Wilfredo Ledezma: My dad is awesome now, not in some nebulous, hopeful imaginary future time.
2. Pudge Rodriguez: There is no controversy about my dad and steroids.
3. Nate Robertson: My dads mustache is much less terrifying than Nates.
4. Rondell White: My dad is not dangerous behind the plate only to be possessed of a weeny arm in the field.
5. Kyle Farnsworth: My dad has never put himself out of commission by kicking a metal fan.
6. Tony Giarratano: My dad does not make me feel old.
7. Magglio Ordonez: My dad did not sign a contract with my mom and then spend the first half-year of it sitting around twiddling his thumbs.
8. Bobby Higginson: When my dad needed surgery on his elbow he went and had it done, he didn't sit around for a while complaining about things before finally deciding that yeah, maybe it needed to be looked at after all.
9. Brandon Inge: My dad wears his socks up even when not dressed up for work.*
10. Dmitri Young: When my dad says something funny, as he often does, I can laugh and let him know. I have no way of showing my appreciation for all the crazy things Dmitri regularly comes out with.
If you missed the Mother's Day edition, you can check it out here. MLB.com did their little Father's Day feature, with Kevin Millar representing the Sox and Tony G representing the Tigs. Also, Tony G, STOP LOOKING LIKE YOU ARE IN HIGH SCHOOL. Seriously, look at him! He looks 15! I also love the photo that Jeremy Reed of the Mariners sent in, if only because he, uh, must not have been an Ms fan growin' up...
Happy Father's Day, everyone!
*Much to the horror of my brother and myself when he does so in public and on family vacations.