Formerly Felines for Anarchistic Green Democracies

A Bostonian at the University of Michigan.


There will also be discussion of the New England Patriots, Miami Dolphins, and Michigan Wolverines. Probably in that order.

Detroit Tigers content now at Roar of the Tigers!



























 
Archives
April 2002 May 2002 June 2002 July 2002 August 2002 September 2002 October 2002 November 2002 December 2002 January 2003 February 2003 March 2003 April 2003 May 2003 June 2003 July 2003 August 2003 September 2003 October 2003 November 2003 December 2003 January 2004 February 2004 March 2004 April 2004 May 2004 June 2004 July 2004 August 2004 September 2004 October 2004 November 2004 December 2004 January 2005 February 2005 March 2005 April 2005 May 2005 June 2005 July 2005 August 2005 September 2005 October 2005 November 2005 December 2005 January 2006 February 2006 March 2006 April 2006 May 2006 June 2006 July 2006 August 2006 September 2006 October 2006 November 2006 December 2006 January 2007 February 2007 March 2007 April 2007 May 2007 June 2007 July 2007 August 2007 September 2007 October 2007 November 2007 March 2008 April 2008 May 2008 June 2008 July 2008 August 2008 September 2008 October 2008 November 2008 January 2009 February 2009 March 2009 April 2009 September 2009













 




Blogging the Detroit Tigers for the Most Valuable Network.












the flickr photostream

Head here to see what I've been shooting lately.


the game sets

Head here to see the shots from a specific baseball or football game (or anything else I've made a set for).



Features


Spelling rant
Yankee Star Wars
A Tigers Comedy of Errors
How bad is Keith Foulke really?
Harry Potter and the Boston Red Sox
Bellhorn vs. Graffanino vs. Lamprey
Critiquing team slogans
Joey Harrington blogs a baseball game
Jason Varitek gets injured
Winter meetings fashion report
Mascot Rant #1
Mascot Rant #2




8 Days of Jewish Baseball
Day 1- Kevin Youkilis
Day 2- Brad Ausmus
Day 3- Al Levine
Day 4- Jason Marquis
Day 5- John Grabow
Day 6- Justin Wayne
Day 7- Shawn Green
Day 8- Gabe Kapler and Theo Epstein

the Story of Chanukah, Red Sox style
Part I: the cruel reign of Steinbrennochus
Part II: rise of the Soxxabees
Part III: the rebellion begins!
Parts IV, V, and VI
Parts VII and VIII


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Fun with Roster Photos
Note: Comments may not exactly correspond to images, as the images will change when the team puts up new photos. Adds a level of surreality, I think.
Detroit Tigers
Boston Red Sox
New York Yankees
Chicago White Sox
Baltimore Orioles
Boston Red Sox 2006
Boston Red Sox 2007
New York Yankees 2007


Teams of the Cat

Boston
Red Sox
Patriots

Detroit
Lions
Tigers

Miami
Dolphins

University of Michigan
Wolverines (all sports)

this is all


Sports Reads


12eight
Baseball Desert
Baseball Heavy (PawSox)
Basegirl
Bullshit Memorial Stadium
Cursed to First
Empyreal Environs
Firebrand of the AL
GYS Network
Joy of Sox
Livejournal Home of Red Sox Nation
Misery Loves Company (Sox and Mets)
Over the Monster
Papel-blog
Peter on All
Professional, Idiot, and the Tailback
Red Sox Fan in Pinstripe Territory
Respect the Tek
Sass-a-thon
Singapore Sox Fan
Surviving Grady
Twitch124
Yanks Fan vs. Sox Fan


Detroit Tigers and Lions



Roar of the Tigers

Beyond Boxscores
Bless You Boys
the Cheap Seats
Daily Fungo
Detroit Tiger Weblog
Lions Den
Mack Avenue Tigers
Mickey Tettleton Memorial Overpass
Motown Sports (messageboard)
Motown Sports Revival
Northern Michigan Detroit Sports Blog
Out of Bounds
Sweaty Men Endeavors
Take 75 North
Tiger Tales
TigerBlog
Tigers Central
Where have you gone, Johnny Grubb?


I'm a member of DIBS!



College Sports


MGoBlog (Michigan)

Big Ten Hardball
Blog that Yost Built (Michigan)
Blue-Gray Sky (Notre Dame)
Boi from Troy (USC)
Every Day Should be Saturday (Florida, general college sports)
iBlog for Cookies (Michigan)
ParadigmBlog (Michigan)
Rammer Jammer Yellow Hammer (Alabama)
Schembechler Hall (Michigan)
Sunday Morning Quarterback (Southern Miss, mostly general)



2632 (Orioles)
Aaron Gleeman (Twins)
Around the Oval (Ohio State)
Bard's Room (White Sox)
Bat Girl (Twins)
Ben Roethlisberger (personal blog, god help us all)
Bronx Banter (Yankees)
Bronx Block
Buckeye Commentary (Ohio State)
Camden Chat (Orioles)
Enlightened Spartan (Michigan State)
Futility Infielder (Yankees)
Let's Go Tribe (Indians)
NYYFans.com (Yankees forum)
Pinstripe Alley (Yankees)
Replacement Level Yankees
Royals Authority
Royals Review
Tribe Report (Indians)
TwinsGeek



Armchair GM (all)
Athletics Nation
Blog Maverick (Mark Cuban)
Catfish Stew (Athletics)
Deadspin
Ducksnorts (Padres)
Fire Joe Morgan
Gaslamp Ball (Padres)
Goat Riders of the Apocalypse (Cubs)
Idiots Write About Sports (A's, Giants)
Lookout Landing (Mariners)
McCovey Chronicles (Giants)
Metstradamus
Minor League Ball
On the DL (gossip)
Pittsburgh Lumber Co. (Pirates)
Rays Talk
Red Reporter (Reds)
Serious Dismay Sports
Uniwatch (all teams)
USS Mariner (Mariners)



Gilbert Arenas
Curtis Granderson
Tommy Lasorda
Mike Maroth
Pat Neshek
Raymond
Nate Robertson
Curt Schilling
CJ Wilson
Kevin Youkilis



the Brushback
Call of the Green Monster (Red Sox)
Die-hard Cubs Fun
the Dugout, chat room of pro baseball
Korean baseball cartoons (inexplicable)
Soxaholix
Wizznutzz (Wizards..just read it)



Ann Arbor is Overrated
B3ta
Dave Barry
BaseBlogging
'boards
Chromasia
Corey Corcoran
Fried Rice Thoughts
Go Fug Yourself
Goodspeed Update
Grand Mental Station
Quo Vadimus
McSweeney's
pasquinade
PostSecret
Ryan Estrada
Scaryduck
Vitriolica
Whatevs.org
Mike Wieringo


if you are wishing to email the resident feline anarchist, you may do so at
bluecatsredsox@gmail.com


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.


Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com































 
Monday, June 06, 2005  


How 'bout that Tigers game, huh? Mike Maroth gave up two earned runs (count 'em! 2!), yet the Orioles somehow scored 6. And so Blue Cats and Red Sox is proud (chagrined) to present:

A Tigers Comedy of Errors!

CAST

The Tigers
Mike Maroth, a pitcher

Chris Shelton, a first baseman
Brandon Inge, a third baseman
Carlos Guillen, a shortstop
Nook Logan, a center fielder
Vance Wilson, a catcher

Dmitri Young, a designated hitter

The Orioles
Daniel Cabrera, a pitcher

Rafael Palmeiro, a first baseman
Chris Gomez, a second baseman
Melvin Mora, a third baseman
Jay Gibbons, a right fielder
Ramon Nivar, a center fielder
Sal Fasano, a catcher

Also
Alan Trammell, a Tiger manager
Lee Mazzilli, an Oriole manager

Scene: Comerica Park, Detroit. A populous and verdant place in the midst of a sadly abandoned land.

ACT I
THE FIRST INNING

Ramon Nivar:
Lo, a single, I shall now make haste
To attempt to steal a second base.
I've no right to it, it is not mine,
But baseball's no fun if you don't hustle down the line!

Mike Maroth:
Stay the fiend, mow him down, my feline friends!
If he steals that base I cannot promise amends!

MIKE MAROTH throws the ball to CHRIS SHELTON, who throws it to CARLOS GUILLEN, who is covering second base. RAMON NIVAR is out.

Ramon Nivar:
Ack, I hath covered my uniform name
With the caught-stealing infield dirt of shame!

Later that inning, DANIEL CABRERA pitches to DMITRI YOUNG. CARLOS GUILLEN is already on base.

Daniel Cabrera:
This fellow at the plate is of an imposing size--
Pitching to him may not be most wise.
But I've confidence in my youth and my stuff,
For this cat my fastball will be far too tough.

Dmitri Young:
Bitch, please.

DMITRI YOUNG hits a violent homerun over the left field wall, scoring himself and CARLOS GUILLEN. From the dugout ALAN TRAMMELL sings.

Alan Trammell:
Yay, my team doth not wholly suck,
Maroth pitches well, Dmitri's good luck!
We've swept these birds once, we can take two again,
Let's just try to keep hitting, force use of their pen.

ACT II
THE FIFTH INNING

Rafael Palmeiro:
My joints now do ache, my bones now do creak,
Late at night with my wife my reaction's quite weak.
I'm an aging baseball player, that much is true,
But I can still hit a fastball down the middle or two!

RAFAEL PALMEIRO hits the ball. It dribbles into the infield and rolls towards first baseman CHRIS SHELTON.

Chris Shelton:
I am so very new, up here with the team I love.
It doesn't help that I can barely hold my glove.
I was called up for my bat, and everyone doth know it.
Oh no here comes a ball, I damn well better not blow it!

CHRIS SHELTON fields the ball, but falls over like a tipped cow at a Michigan State party. RAFAEL PALMEIRO is safe at first base.

Chris Shelton:
O woe is me! My fielding sucks the big one!
I just want to DH, this glove stuff is no fun.
Oh well, at this point, I guess we are still winning.
I can only hope we safely get out of this damn inning.

CHRIS GOMEZ singles. JAY GIBBONS comes to the plate.

Jay Gibbons:
I may be named after a monkey, and uglier than sin,
But I capitalize on errors, that's how we win!

JAY GIBBONS doubles, RAFAEL PALMEIRO scores.

Mike Maroth:
Not again, every time, I'm really fucking trying,
But the defense always does this; I just feel like crying.
I pitch well against the Orioles, it always goes this way.
They score runs on balls that are barely put in play.

Sal Fasano:
Uh oh I've hit a ground ball, that bodes rather ill.
It'll score the man on third but that's a bitter pill,
I know that I'll be out, the fielder gets to choose,
HARK! Unless I seem to have caught him on the snooze!
Gibbons to third! My slow self to second base!
An error on the third baseman is one good way to save face!

Brandon Inge:
OMG Mikey I am so sorry.

Mike Maroth:
Jesus fucking christ, why bother to keep pitching?
No matter what I do, in spite of Alan's bitching,
This goddamn defense always fails when I'm on the mound,
And now the O's have tied it, fuckers have a big rebound.

Ramon Nivar:
I'm terribly embarassed by what happened in the first,
Let me get a score in to show I'm not the worst.

RAMON NIVAR grounds out to CARLOS GUILLEN, JAY GIBBONS scores, SAL FASANO advances to third.

Melvin Mora:
Let me join the party! I'm really in the mood.
I've been annoyed since Boston fans saw to it I was booed.

MELVIN MORA singles, SAL FASANO scores.

Alan Trammell:
Mikey just gave up there, quite frankly I don't blame him.
I wish our defense'd catch the ball on more than just a whim.
That inning sucked more than a highly paid blonde wench,
And of course two huge bats are spending the night on the bench.

Lee Mazzilli:
Aha ha ha, I rule, that was all me, go me for managing the Orioles so well!

ACT III
THE SIXTH INNING

Chris Gomez:
I'll settle for a single, against this, my original team,
Although extra bases would be lovely as a dream.
Wow, looks like they're giving bases away!
Off to second I go, what a glorious day!

Carlos Guillen:
What can I say, my knee's awfully sore.
Wish I hadn't shown Gomez the revolving door.
That really was a rather ill-advised throw,
I'll have to join Shelton in his Land of Woe.

Later in the inning, NOOK LOGAN reaches first base on a bunt single to DANIEL CABRERA.

Daniel Cabrera:
What a cheap way to get on base, I really hate the bunt.
I'm a pitcher, not a fielder, about that I've been upfront.

Nook Logan:
We really suck today, Pudge and Rondell are both sitting!
I'm a skinny little speed guy, I can't do much strong hitting,
So I have to bunt the ball, it's how I get on base,
And once I'm there you can count on a great foot-race!

NOOK LOGAN steals second base.

Daniel Cabrera:
Oooo I hate it when they do that, it's quite disconcerting.
I'd be more worried if their offense wasn't already really hurting.

NOOK LOGAN steals third base.

Lee Mazzilli:
Aaaaaaarrggh Cabrera in my madness I command thee!
Strike out this next fellow, get us out numero three!
I may not be able to manage competently at all,
But I'm great at looking upset when the team starts to fall!

CARLOS GUILLEN grounds out.

Nook Logan:
Well guys, I tried, I honestly did.
I thought two stolen bases wasn't a bad bid.
But I can't score a run if no one drives me home,
Oh well, back out to center, the vast field I do roam.

Mike Maroth:
That's all well and good, but unless we do start hitting
It'll be my neatly-made bed that we're all so busy shitting!

ACT IV
THE SEVENTH INNING

SAL FASANO is on second base.

Ramon Nivar:
Last inning wasn't bad, but if I want to prove I'm good,
I think I'll keep on hitting, I know I really should.

Mike Maroth:
An ugly rolling grounder, right along the line,
For a cleanly fielded pop fly I will surely pine!
I have to field this by myself, and try to make the tag...
Alas! Too slow! He's safe on first, and now the tongues will wag.

Vance Wilson:
Shake it off Mikey, we've got more game to play.
There are still more pitches for you to throw this day.

Mike Maroth:
Damnit Vance I'm trying, you'll only make me pissed.
I know Pudge has to sit but when he does he's sorely missed.
Here! I'll throw your bloody pitch, and may you catch it square.
Oh great, that was fucking wild, I caught insufficient air.

Vance Wilson:
How can I catch if you throw it in the dirt?
There's a man running to second, we're in a world of hurt.
I'll try to throw him out, that's the catcher thing to do.
Shit I've thrown it into center field, what an awful stew!

Sal Fasano:
If you want to throw the ball away, please, be my guest!
I'll just be rounding home now. Man! This game's the best!
And thanks to that throw, in case you haven't heard,
My good buddy Ramon has made it on to third!

Melvin Mora:
He's on third base indeed, we cannot waste him there,
I'll hit a booming pop fly ball, I'll surely keep it fair.
A sac fly may not be the flashiest play to see,
But it's more than enough for a selfless guy like me!

MIKE MAROTH gives VANCE WILSON a Glare of Death. Alan Trammell tears at his remaining hair.

Alan Trammell:
God we suck tonight, and you can't even blame me!
I'll just keep telling myself at least it's not 2003.

EPILOGUE
IN THE CLUBHOUSE AFTER THE GAME

Dmitri Young:
What can I say, I had a real good night.
I homered, I doubled, I did it all just right.
But the double went for nothing because no one brought me in,
And with men left on base it's pretty fuckin' hard to win.

Mike Maroth:
I didn't pitch the whole game, but I pitched a solid eight.
That should've been enough, usually that's great!
Sadly there were six runs, 'tho only two were earned.
I feel like in this loss I was the one burned.

Chris Shelton:
In my defense, I think I have to declare
It's pretty scary to see Palmeiro charging you square.

Dmitri Young:
Dude, please tell me you're kidding, right?
He's got to be like 40, and barely 6 feet tall in height.

CHRIS SHELTON bursts into tears.

Brandon Inge:
There there, Chris, I can sure relate.
As we're both converted catchers I commiserate.
Well, sort of, cause really, Raffy's pretty lame.
But Dmitri, be nice, you won't help the poor kid's game.

Alan Trammell:
Alright guys, we lost, and we did it disgracefully.
But no more sniping please, it's not the Tiger way to be.
Practice your defense, swallow your sorrow,
And win the goddamn roadtrip that we start tomorrow.

FIN.


To cap this off, I think Camden Chat is poking fun at me, to which I say, Bring it on, avian bitches! You go on all feelin' cocky about your series victory, but every time you start to think fondly of the Tigers (which would be a very shortsighted view, considering, ahem, sweep), just let your Baltimorean minds wander over to this sort of image:


Detroit News photo

This is a man who has your number, and is not afraid to call it whensoever he pleases. This is a man who says, "Orioles? Whatever, I fry those suckers up and eat 'em for post-game snackies!" Sidney Ponson only wishes he was half as bad-ass as this man. Brian Roberts probably wets his sliding shorts at the mere sight of this man. The Camden Yards walls tremble at his approach. Your mom. Etc.

Anyways, I just kind of wanted to get that out there.

8:10 PM

 
This page is powered by Blogger.