Formerly Felines for Anarchistic Green Democracies

A Bostonian at the University of Michigan.


There will also be discussion of the New England Patriots, Miami Dolphins, and Michigan Wolverines. Probably in that order.

Detroit Tigers content now at Roar of the Tigers!



























 
Archives
April 2002 May 2002 June 2002 July 2002 August 2002 September 2002 October 2002 November 2002 December 2002 January 2003 February 2003 March 2003 April 2003 May 2003 June 2003 July 2003 August 2003 September 2003 October 2003 November 2003 December 2003 January 2004 February 2004 March 2004 April 2004 May 2004 June 2004 July 2004 August 2004 September 2004 October 2004 November 2004 December 2004 January 2005 February 2005 March 2005 April 2005 May 2005 June 2005 July 2005 August 2005 September 2005 October 2005 November 2005 December 2005 January 2006 February 2006 March 2006 April 2006 May 2006 June 2006 July 2006 August 2006 September 2006 October 2006 November 2006 December 2006 January 2007 February 2007 March 2007 April 2007 May 2007 June 2007 July 2007 August 2007 September 2007 October 2007 November 2007 March 2008 April 2008 May 2008 June 2008 July 2008 August 2008 September 2008 October 2008 November 2008 January 2009 February 2009 March 2009 April 2009 September 2009













 




Blogging the Detroit Tigers for the Most Valuable Network.












the flickr photostream

Head here to see what I've been shooting lately.


the game sets

Head here to see the shots from a specific baseball or football game (or anything else I've made a set for).



Features


Spelling rant
Yankee Star Wars
A Tigers Comedy of Errors
How bad is Keith Foulke really?
Harry Potter and the Boston Red Sox
Bellhorn vs. Graffanino vs. Lamprey
Critiquing team slogans
Joey Harrington blogs a baseball game
Jason Varitek gets injured
Winter meetings fashion report
Mascot Rant #1
Mascot Rant #2




8 Days of Jewish Baseball
Day 1- Kevin Youkilis
Day 2- Brad Ausmus
Day 3- Al Levine
Day 4- Jason Marquis
Day 5- John Grabow
Day 6- Justin Wayne
Day 7- Shawn Green
Day 8- Gabe Kapler and Theo Epstein

the Story of Chanukah, Red Sox style
Part I: the cruel reign of Steinbrennochus
Part II: rise of the Soxxabees
Part III: the rebellion begins!
Parts IV, V, and VI
Parts VII and VIII


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Fun with Roster Photos
Note: Comments may not exactly correspond to images, as the images will change when the team puts up new photos. Adds a level of surreality, I think.
Detroit Tigers
Boston Red Sox
New York Yankees
Chicago White Sox
Baltimore Orioles
Boston Red Sox 2006
Boston Red Sox 2007
New York Yankees 2007


Teams of the Cat

Boston
Red Sox
Patriots

Detroit
Lions
Tigers

Miami
Dolphins

University of Michigan
Wolverines (all sports)

this is all


Sports Reads


12eight
Baseball Desert
Baseball Heavy (PawSox)
Basegirl
Bullshit Memorial Stadium
Cursed to First
Empyreal Environs
Firebrand of the AL
GYS Network
Joy of Sox
Livejournal Home of Red Sox Nation
Misery Loves Company (Sox and Mets)
Over the Monster
Papel-blog
Peter on All
Professional, Idiot, and the Tailback
Red Sox Fan in Pinstripe Territory
Respect the Tek
Sass-a-thon
Singapore Sox Fan
Surviving Grady
Twitch124
Yanks Fan vs. Sox Fan


Detroit Tigers and Lions



Roar of the Tigers

Beyond Boxscores
Bless You Boys
the Cheap Seats
Daily Fungo
Detroit Tiger Weblog
Lions Den
Mack Avenue Tigers
Mickey Tettleton Memorial Overpass
Motown Sports (messageboard)
Motown Sports Revival
Northern Michigan Detroit Sports Blog
Out of Bounds
Sweaty Men Endeavors
Take 75 North
Tiger Tales
TigerBlog
Tigers Central
Where have you gone, Johnny Grubb?


I'm a member of DIBS!



College Sports


MGoBlog (Michigan)

Big Ten Hardball
Blog that Yost Built (Michigan)
Blue-Gray Sky (Notre Dame)
Boi from Troy (USC)
Every Day Should be Saturday (Florida, general college sports)
iBlog for Cookies (Michigan)
ParadigmBlog (Michigan)
Rammer Jammer Yellow Hammer (Alabama)
Schembechler Hall (Michigan)
Sunday Morning Quarterback (Southern Miss, mostly general)



2632 (Orioles)
Aaron Gleeman (Twins)
Around the Oval (Ohio State)
Bard's Room (White Sox)
Bat Girl (Twins)
Ben Roethlisberger (personal blog, god help us all)
Bronx Banter (Yankees)
Bronx Block
Buckeye Commentary (Ohio State)
Camden Chat (Orioles)
Enlightened Spartan (Michigan State)
Futility Infielder (Yankees)
Let's Go Tribe (Indians)
NYYFans.com (Yankees forum)
Pinstripe Alley (Yankees)
Replacement Level Yankees
Royals Authority
Royals Review
Tribe Report (Indians)
TwinsGeek



Armchair GM (all)
Athletics Nation
Blog Maverick (Mark Cuban)
Catfish Stew (Athletics)
Deadspin
Ducksnorts (Padres)
Fire Joe Morgan
Gaslamp Ball (Padres)
Goat Riders of the Apocalypse (Cubs)
Idiots Write About Sports (A's, Giants)
Lookout Landing (Mariners)
McCovey Chronicles (Giants)
Metstradamus
Minor League Ball
On the DL (gossip)
Pittsburgh Lumber Co. (Pirates)
Rays Talk
Red Reporter (Reds)
Serious Dismay Sports
Uniwatch (all teams)
USS Mariner (Mariners)



Gilbert Arenas
Curtis Granderson
Tommy Lasorda
Mike Maroth
Pat Neshek
Raymond
Nate Robertson
Curt Schilling
CJ Wilson
Kevin Youkilis



the Brushback
Call of the Green Monster (Red Sox)
Die-hard Cubs Fun
the Dugout, chat room of pro baseball
Korean baseball cartoons (inexplicable)
Soxaholix
Wizznutzz (Wizards..just read it)



Ann Arbor is Overrated
B3ta
Dave Barry
BaseBlogging
'boards
Chromasia
Corey Corcoran
Fried Rice Thoughts
Go Fug Yourself
Goodspeed Update
Grand Mental Station
Quo Vadimus
McSweeney's
pasquinade
PostSecret
Ryan Estrada
Scaryduck
Vitriolica
Whatevs.org
Mike Wieringo


if you are wishing to email the resident feline anarchist, you may do so at
bluecatsredsox@gmail.com


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.


Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com































 
Saturday, November 22, 2003  
What a end of the week and weekend it has been thus far. Long blog! Sorry.

Thursday was relatively uneventful, except that we had that guest artist lecture deal. The artist was two people from the Clarion Alley Mural Project (CAMP). They've taken this utterly poor and cruddy alley in California and filled it with wicked cool murals. The lecture was actually much less boring than I thought it would be, although it did not excite me to the wild state that last week's biological illustrator lecture did.

Then I went out to get ice cream at Stucci's with Helena, before I had dinner. Woah! Radical and anarchistic! Ice cream before dinner? What was I thinking?

Friday was filled to the brim with insanity. I had to wake up at 5 am. The art school inexplicably makes everyone sign up for their classes before they actually register for them. This poorly planned event involves everyone going to one room in the art school at the same time and fighting like rabid wolves for a spot on line before the classes they want close out.

Thirty or forty kids actually slept over in the art building, so that they would be there before anyone else. They were not in a good way come morning. The ones whom I knew were Taylor, Andrew, Shlomo, and Natalie. Natalie, especially, looked like someone had plunged her into a vat of nonsleepingness. Oh, and Stephanie was there, but we do not like her, so she does not count. She is sometimes called 'The Token Stoner' and sometimes 'The Troll', which brings back memories of home.

So I was sitting out at the bus stop at CC Little at 5:30, 6 am. Campus is freaky at that hour. I walked from the Hill to Central Campus without seeing one single solitary person, which has never happened before. Even at 3 or 4 am there have been people walking about the Hill. I saw one military fellow in his gray military sweats right when I got to Central Campus, but he had his head down and looked pretty pissed about whatever petty task had necessitated his being up and about at such an hour.

No one had bothered to tell me that at 6 am it is still pitch black out. So dark that all of the stars are still out, and the moon is still high in the sky. It felt like night. Creepalicious.

So I was sitting there, drawing the dental building because I had nothing better to do (also that is one strange building). It was utterly silent except for the occasional cawing emanating from the giant crow rookery across the street. All of a sudden I hear someone behind me shriek out my name all long and drawn-out-like: "FelineAnarchiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiist!" Only, you know, with my real name.

It was Ren and Claire, emerging like wraiths from the dark depths of the diag behind me. Like stumbling wraiths, more exactly. Loud, stumbling wraiths. As it turned out, loud, stumbling, blindingly drunk wraiths. As Claire said (loudly), "We are so drizz...drizznizzle....drizzizzle...drizznizzledrunk." Or as Ren said: "FelineAnarchist, you're my friiiieeeeennnd. I like you. You... you... Claire, she's in my claaaasss... I don' like my class... Shl...Shlmommoly... Shlo-mo looks like Bob Saget. Saget. Bob. I don' like him. Megan is oh kay. I like... Paul. An' I like yoooohoooFelineAnarchist. Hee hee. I don' like the rest of our class. No. They're stuuuuuuuuuuuupidid."

I expressed worry. The fact that they were exceedingly inebriated didn't particularly bother me (I don't mind it if I don't have to live with them), but what did disturb me was the fact that it was only just 6 am. And they were stonkered. And it was a weekday. I did mention that it was Friday, right?

Anyways, I rode the bus up to North Campus with them (Ren: No Claaaaaiiiiiiirrrrrreee! Don't stand in the road! If you die I'll be so [hic] saaaaaaaaaaaaaaad! and also, Ren: I think I'm gonna thrivvava... throva... throw UP. Claire: It's OK. This is a... a bus. Everything is plastic.) We got there and they yelled drunkenly at some poor kid on a skateboard. Then we went into the building and were dismayed to find 40 of our classmates already present. To be sure, they were none too clean, and they were in foul moods, but they were there.

There ended up being all sorts of fights about who had what place in line, but eventually I got to sign up and I got my classes. That doesn't really describe the extreme levels of insanity that went on there, but I honestly don't think I could do it justice, other than to say that sleeping over in the art building seems to bring people to a Lord of the Flies level, emotionally and socially speaking. Also, you never want to lie down on the models bed, because it is allegedly coated in 'junk juice'.

I also feel bad for the people who showed up later, because, despite the utter evil I went through to get my place in line, I wasn't there half so long as some of those kids had to be. The whole event stank of poor planning and I shall probably curse the art administrators forever and a day for subjecting me to such a thing.

I barely made it back to Central in time for chemistry, but, after angsting horribly about maybe having to miss it, I got there just in time. Then I fell asleep for most of the lecture, but at least I was there.

I then got coffee and ATM money and a Fleecy Winter Hat of Gloriousness. Because I decided that I needed one. Starbucks peppermint mochas are good, but I hate drinking out of those 'hot drink cup lids'. I always manage to spill it everywhichawhere.

Later in the day I figured out the bus schedule to get to Meijer (i.e. Walmart meets Best Buy meets BJs Wholesale meets grocery store). I caught a bus at the Union. While I was waiting, I watched Fox News do a series of interviews with people right in front of the Union about ticket scalping for the upcoming Michigan/Ohio State football game.

I actually fell asleep on the bus, but thankfully I woke up before my stop. Freaked out when I woke up, though, because I have no knowledge of the area at all, so I had no idea if we'd gone by Meijer yet. Great for the ol' heart, that was. Anyways, I got yogurt (the whips kind, but they're only good when you unwhip them), and string cheese, and Cape Cod chips, and a couple of frozen dinners to try (not Healthy Choice, because we already tried those, and they are absolutely vile), and popsicles! I finally got popsicles! The best, classic kind...the Popsicle brand, the orange, cherry and grape single popsicles.

I randomly met Dave on the way out of Meijer, so we bussed back together and trundled our groceries back to the Hill. At this point it was about 7ish and I said to myself, "I shall do homework! I shall be a good student and get these multifarious papers and projects done." I lied.

I got back in and my roommate was asleep, with the lights off and the TV on (loud), which is her preferred sleeping environment. Not a very good homework-doing atmosphere, though. So I viciously cooked some noodles in the room, vindictively punching the little beepy buttons, hoping that it would annoy her as much as it does me, when she trots in at 4:45 am and decides that she wants Easy Mac.

I then charged out of my room, screaming as I went, "Lo! There go all plans to do work!" I did not stop until I reached North Campus, whereupon I harassed Seth all night. He drove me home because the buses do not run past a certain hour. It was his roommates car, but his roommate is magnanimous.

There was also a Dance Marathon on Friday night, which I did not see. But hallbuddies Beth, Shelby, and Amanda went. They talked at me about it a great deal both before and after the fact. I am not interested in dancing for money, so I did not attend.

Today was the 100th Michigan versus Ohio State football game! *commence screaming in wild excitement and joy* 35-21! 35-21! 35-21! Buck the Fuckeyes! 100 years of busting their nuts! Ha ha haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!


i did not take this picture, but you can be sure that these wolverine fans are SMELLING ROSES!
Photo credit to Amir Gamzu of MGoBlue. Good photo, Amir, whoever you may be.


I got up early to get foodness with football buddy Caroline. Then we trotted down to where the band comes out, and we followed them into the stadium. There were so many people in the streets. Friend Adam was wearing only body paint for a shirt (he had painted Navarre's jersey onto himself), so I laughed at him and called him a crazy man. Because he is. I then met up with Mike so that he could tackle me before the game. This is a tradition, and if it is not done before a game Michigan is more likely to lose. 100% of fact.

The stadium was packed to over capacity. Yes, we SET THE RECORD FOR THE MOST PEOPLE WATCHING A FOOTBALL GAME IN ONE PLACE EVER! EEEEVVVVEEERRR! (the old record was also set by us, at the Notre Dame game earlier this year) EEEEVVVEEERRRRRR! 112,118 people! One hundred twelve thousand, one hundred and eighteen people packed into the Big House! Do you know how many people that is? That is a whole frelling lot of people.

All sorts of cool things happened before the game, like Gerald Ford coming on the big screen and giving us a speech about how much Michigan football meant to him, and flyby of military jets, and the parents of the senior football players coming onto the field. I took pictures of some of these things.

I did not take any pictures during the game, because I was too consumed by insanity. I absolutely screamed myself hoarse, and I leapt about like a maniac, and was jostled and hugged and whaled upon in joy by everyone sitting around me. 'Course, I jostled, hugged, and whaled upon all of them too, so wonderous times all 'round. But I was very sore in throat and body afterwards.

After the game, despite at least 5 pleas over the PA system to 'not approach the field', the students rushed the field in a fit of insanity, drunk on sheer joy (and actual alcohol, in some cases). There were a lot of police on the field, but at the end of the game they just sort of shrugged and stepped aside, contenting themselves with encircling the goalposts to make sure that no one pulled them down. Anyways, when you have over 30,000 undergraduate students, and more than half of them rush the field, you are going to have a lot of severely overexcited students on the field.

A very large contingent of students, once on the field, ran over to the opposite endzone, where they all stood and jeered at the biggest clump of Ohio State fans, who were sitting in a dejected block of red in their seats, trying to think of ways to leave the stadium without actually getting killed or, at the very least, crushingly humiliated.

I did not take any pictures after the game, because I had absolutely murdered the battery on my camera. It does not seem to have a very long life. But good times were had. The frats had outdone themselves. One of them had a red car on their front lawn, which represented Ohio State. There were several large sledgehammers, and all were welcome to smash the car up as badly as possible. It was infinitely amusing to watch very, very drunk people try to hit the car with the sledgehammer. Usually they hit the car and then fell over. I was saddened by the untimely passing of my camera battery.

Then I came back to the room and collapsed and had a popsicle to soothe my aching throat. Wendy's was consumed for dinner, and good times were had in the Jo lounge with Brian from the Third Floor, until dear roomie finally vacated the premesis so that we could wreak havoc in my room. And then I blogged.

Anyways, if you want to see pictures from today's game, I done made a photo album of sorts. It doesn't have every picture I took, because that would have been a lot of uploadin', but it has some of them, so you shall have to be content with that. They are not all in order, because the 'rearrange photos' feature is bizarre and unworkable. They are mostly in order, but not quite. Sorry. Also, as already stated, I have no pictures from after the game, because my camera perished on me.

Hopefully things will work out OK if you click here. I have captioned all the photos, so read those, or else you might get confused.

Hopefully that will work.

On to Sunday!

*edit: I nearly forgot. My roommate broke her computer tonight. She spilled vodka on the keyboard and then it shut off and would not turn on again. If this means that her computer screen is not going to be on all night, lighting the room like some horrible travesty of a lightbulb, then I am a (semi)happy creetur.*end edit*

11:14 PM

 
This page is powered by Blogger.