Formerly Felines for Anarchistic Green Democracies

A Bostonian at the University of Michigan.


There will also be discussion of the New England Patriots, Miami Dolphins, and Michigan Wolverines. Probably in that order.

Detroit Tigers content now at Roar of the Tigers!



























 
Archives
April 2002 May 2002 June 2002 July 2002 August 2002 September 2002 October 2002 November 2002 December 2002 January 2003 February 2003 March 2003 April 2003 May 2003 June 2003 July 2003 August 2003 September 2003 October 2003 November 2003 December 2003 January 2004 February 2004 March 2004 April 2004 May 2004 June 2004 July 2004 August 2004 September 2004 October 2004 November 2004 December 2004 January 2005 February 2005 March 2005 April 2005 May 2005 June 2005 July 2005 August 2005 September 2005 October 2005 November 2005 December 2005 January 2006 February 2006 March 2006 April 2006 May 2006 June 2006 July 2006 August 2006 September 2006 October 2006 November 2006 December 2006 January 2007 February 2007 March 2007 April 2007 May 2007 June 2007 July 2007 August 2007 September 2007 October 2007 November 2007 March 2008 April 2008 May 2008 June 2008 July 2008 August 2008 September 2008 October 2008 November 2008 January 2009 February 2009 March 2009 April 2009 September 2009













 




Blogging the Detroit Tigers for the Most Valuable Network.












the flickr photostream

Head here to see what I've been shooting lately.


the game sets

Head here to see the shots from a specific baseball or football game (or anything else I've made a set for).



Features


Spelling rant
Yankee Star Wars
A Tigers Comedy of Errors
How bad is Keith Foulke really?
Harry Potter and the Boston Red Sox
Bellhorn vs. Graffanino vs. Lamprey
Critiquing team slogans
Joey Harrington blogs a baseball game
Jason Varitek gets injured
Winter meetings fashion report
Mascot Rant #1
Mascot Rant #2




8 Days of Jewish Baseball
Day 1- Kevin Youkilis
Day 2- Brad Ausmus
Day 3- Al Levine
Day 4- Jason Marquis
Day 5- John Grabow
Day 6- Justin Wayne
Day 7- Shawn Green
Day 8- Gabe Kapler and Theo Epstein

the Story of Chanukah, Red Sox style
Part I: the cruel reign of Steinbrennochus
Part II: rise of the Soxxabees
Part III: the rebellion begins!
Parts IV, V, and VI
Parts VII and VIII


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Fun with Roster Photos
Note: Comments may not exactly correspond to images, as the images will change when the team puts up new photos. Adds a level of surreality, I think.
Detroit Tigers
Boston Red Sox
New York Yankees
Chicago White Sox
Baltimore Orioles
Boston Red Sox 2006
Boston Red Sox 2007
New York Yankees 2007


Teams of the Cat

Boston
Red Sox
Patriots

Detroit
Lions
Tigers

Miami
Dolphins

University of Michigan
Wolverines (all sports)

this is all


Sports Reads


12eight
Baseball Desert
Baseball Heavy (PawSox)
Basegirl
Bullshit Memorial Stadium
Cursed to First
Empyreal Environs
Firebrand of the AL
GYS Network
Joy of Sox
Livejournal Home of Red Sox Nation
Misery Loves Company (Sox and Mets)
Over the Monster
Papel-blog
Peter on All
Professional, Idiot, and the Tailback
Red Sox Fan in Pinstripe Territory
Respect the Tek
Sass-a-thon
Singapore Sox Fan
Surviving Grady
Twitch124
Yanks Fan vs. Sox Fan


Detroit Tigers and Lions



Roar of the Tigers

Beyond Boxscores
Bless You Boys
the Cheap Seats
Daily Fungo
Detroit Tiger Weblog
Lions Den
Mack Avenue Tigers
Mickey Tettleton Memorial Overpass
Motown Sports (messageboard)
Motown Sports Revival
Northern Michigan Detroit Sports Blog
Out of Bounds
Sweaty Men Endeavors
Take 75 North
Tiger Tales
TigerBlog
Tigers Central
Where have you gone, Johnny Grubb?


I'm a member of DIBS!



College Sports


MGoBlog (Michigan)

Big Ten Hardball
Blog that Yost Built (Michigan)
Blue-Gray Sky (Notre Dame)
Boi from Troy (USC)
Every Day Should be Saturday (Florida, general college sports)
iBlog for Cookies (Michigan)
ParadigmBlog (Michigan)
Rammer Jammer Yellow Hammer (Alabama)
Schembechler Hall (Michigan)
Sunday Morning Quarterback (Southern Miss, mostly general)



2632 (Orioles)
Aaron Gleeman (Twins)
Around the Oval (Ohio State)
Bard's Room (White Sox)
Bat Girl (Twins)
Ben Roethlisberger (personal blog, god help us all)
Bronx Banter (Yankees)
Bronx Block
Buckeye Commentary (Ohio State)
Camden Chat (Orioles)
Enlightened Spartan (Michigan State)
Futility Infielder (Yankees)
Let's Go Tribe (Indians)
NYYFans.com (Yankees forum)
Pinstripe Alley (Yankees)
Replacement Level Yankees
Royals Authority
Royals Review
Tribe Report (Indians)
TwinsGeek



Armchair GM (all)
Athletics Nation
Blog Maverick (Mark Cuban)
Catfish Stew (Athletics)
Deadspin
Ducksnorts (Padres)
Fire Joe Morgan
Gaslamp Ball (Padres)
Goat Riders of the Apocalypse (Cubs)
Idiots Write About Sports (A's, Giants)
Lookout Landing (Mariners)
McCovey Chronicles (Giants)
Metstradamus
Minor League Ball
On the DL (gossip)
Pittsburgh Lumber Co. (Pirates)
Rays Talk
Red Reporter (Reds)
Serious Dismay Sports
Uniwatch (all teams)
USS Mariner (Mariners)



Gilbert Arenas
Curtis Granderson
Tommy Lasorda
Mike Maroth
Pat Neshek
Raymond
Nate Robertson
Curt Schilling
CJ Wilson
Kevin Youkilis



the Brushback
Call of the Green Monster (Red Sox)
Die-hard Cubs Fun
the Dugout, chat room of pro baseball
Korean baseball cartoons (inexplicable)
Soxaholix
Wizznutzz (Wizards..just read it)



Ann Arbor is Overrated
B3ta
Dave Barry
BaseBlogging
'boards
Chromasia
Corey Corcoran
Fried Rice Thoughts
Go Fug Yourself
Goodspeed Update
Grand Mental Station
Quo Vadimus
McSweeney's
pasquinade
PostSecret
Ryan Estrada
Scaryduck
Vitriolica
Whatevs.org
Mike Wieringo


if you are wishing to email the resident feline anarchist, you may do so at
bluecatsredsox@gmail.com


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.


Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com































 
Tuesday, October 14, 2003  
Wow. There's too much to blog, so this is going to have to be selective. Sorry. I was lazy and didn't blog at all when I was home. For this I apologize. Profusely. But you know how it goes.

Sheesh, I have all the way back to, what, Thursday that I haven't written about yet? Holy cats. That's a lot of time. OK. Lessee. Thursday night was the guest artist lecture, as always. This (past) week was actually really good, because we had two people from Pixar. The Michigan Theater was packed, since all the art students were there, and tons of engineering kids showed up for this one too.

The speakers were a guy (who does sculptures of the characters) and a woman (who did the setting work on computers). The sculpture guy, before he went to Pixar, did sculpture work for Skellington and helped make Nightmare Before Christmas, which is a supremely glorious movie that I probably should see again, since I haven't seen it in years.

Friday we had a 'going home' lunch with all the people on my hall who were going home for the weekend. Yeah, it was just the usual lunch crew, but quoiever. I left for the airport at around 2:30.

The flight to Boston was pretty uneventful. There were four or five kids in the shuttle over, and one girl (Ashley) lives in Alice Lloyd (next door to me) and is from Andover, MA. She wasn't on my flight, because she was flying into some other airport... Manchester, I think. But our gates ended up being pretty close together, so we navigated the Detroit Metro airport together.

I didn't know anyone on my plane. I was sitting next to two small children who were compulsive gamblers. They bet on every little thing that happened. "I bet you $5 that the plane takes off from a stationary start." "I bet you $5 that man goes to the bathroom before the flight's half over." "I bet you $5 you're gonna spill your juice." They weren't too bad though, they left me alone.

Friday night I went to see Kill Bill with Maddie, Corey, and Noah. Massive good times. Yes, I am aware that we hyped ourselves up for that to a ridiculous point, but it did not disappoint. Which is quite rare in such a highly-anticipated movie. I don't think Noah was quite as obsessed as, say, me or Corey had gotten, and he seemed a little bemused by the whole thing.

Oh, it was so ironically funny, so subtly making fun of so many movies and so many conventions in said movies. The whole Japan sequence was visually ambrosial. The soundtrack is excellent... bizarre but oddly perfect. Some of the cinematography made me so frelling happy. I'm pretty sure I was giggling at inappropriate bits (at least, no one else in the theater was laughing at them), but that's OK, my mind works in unfathomable ways.

Our moviegoing experience was vastly enhanced by the crowd. People were reacting to everything onscreen very loudly. And, for some reason, the reactions were coming about a minute after something happened. Someone would get their arm cut off, and a minute later people would scream, "Nuh uh, she didn't!" And the like. Quite entertaining. Not sure why they all reacted so late, though, unless perhaps one considers the fact that we were at a late night showing, so our fellow movie viewers may have been drunk. Slows your reaction time, you know.


you thought that was uma thurman, but it ain't so, that there is mr. bruce lee. it is nerdy little references like this which make quentin tarantino so glorious.


We got back from the movie around 1 am. Of course, since I was home, and Noah was home, we just had to go stand outside and talk for hours. Musn't break with tradition. We discussed everything, as usual, from the social life at school to detailed reports of Noah's script-writing ideas to discussion of how very slightly weird everything at home looked now. Yes. Good times.

Saturday I did homework. Well, some homework. OK, not so much homework as I should have done. I sat around and spent quality time with my cats and read and just generally let my brain resolidify. Saturday night I went out to dinner with my family.

We went to Legal Sea Foods. The Red Sox game was on, of course, since that's such a quintessentially Boston restaurant. All the waiters were keeping one and a half eyes on the game at all times, and there were tons of people standing at the bar watching it. The restaurant patrons, of course, were all craning their necks to see the TV.

When Pedro dumped the elderly Don Zimmer onto the grass, the place erupted. It was glorious. Hystericality.

I got three new CDs this home weekend. Had to make use of my proximity to Newbury Comics, of course. There is no CD store to compare. Anywho. I got the self-titled CD by Ima Robot, A Jackknife to a Swan by the Mighty Mighty Bosstones, and Radioactive by AM Radio. I greatly enjoy them all.

The Bosstones are the Bosstones, if you don't know their sound by now a) I can't really describe it to you and b) what crater have you been living in? Ima Robot is good, sort of like Spoon in a couple of their songs, sort of like Hot Hot Heat in some of them, pretty thoroughly technoed in most of them. AM Radio is splendid, I'm already well on my way to listening to that CD way too many consecutive times. A bit PaloAlto-ish at times, but while the PaloAlto CD is only really good for the first half, Radioactive is solid the whole way through.

Sunday night I went out to Asahi for Japanese dinner goodness with Maddie, Jess, and Corey. We had sushi, but I had vegetable sushi, 'cause I don't do the whole raw fish deal. Nor do I eat invertebrates. So shrimps were right out. The vegetable stuff was pretty good in any event, and although I made a monumental mess (I cannot eat sushi properly... all my instincts rebel against just shoving the whole thing in your mouth, but that's what you've got to do) it was scrumptious.

Then we ended up at Whitney's house (?) for a bit, before we went to Maddie's for pie and chatting. Lots of chatting. Very nice and very low key, very low drama, which is always crucial to my enjoyment of being in Swampscott. Certain people bring large amounts of drama with them, but none of them were present Sunday night, so all was well.

Monday I went to brother Eli's soccer game for a while. He had a couple of good plays, but they were playing Danvers, and Danvers has a very, very good soccer team. I left when it was 4-0 Danvers, because I couldn't take it any more. It ended up being 4-1, so I didn't miss too much.

Then shopping was done, and massive amounts of homework was done, and Red Sox watching was done, and all that jazz.

Today I communed with the cats all morning. I had a 2 pm flight. When I got to the airport, however, I was informed that it had been cancelled. Apparently the plane had some sort of mechanical issues, so it never even made it to Boston. Woe. I had to go home and then come back for a 6 pm flight. It was good because I got more feline time. But annoying.

The flight back was OK, I was sitting between two business people who didn't talk to me or each other. There was some nasty turbulence at the end, though, because there was heavy rain in Detroit and the clouds were very thick.

We spent a good amount of time flying through this one endless series of clouds that completely surrounded the plane. Outside the windows everything was this sickly shade of milky white, tinged a weird yellow at the bottom. It lit the interior of the plane very oddly and gave me a whanging big headache.

The shuttle home had two kids from New Jersey, one kid from Atlanta, and me. Me and the Atlanta kid had a spirited discussion about the Red Sox (he was a Braves fan, but he hates the Yankees, so all good there), while the New Jersey kids sat in front of us and muttered sullenly. After a while we all quieted down because it was late and we were zonked out (I know I was, in any event). The rain was torrential, and the shuttle driver was playing music very quietly.

So I'm sitting there in this van, back in Ann Arbor, heading back to my lovely little dorm room with my lovely little fellow occupant of said room, and it's pouring raink, and I'm wondering whether he's going to drop me off at the Mosher or the Jordan door, and how wet I'm likely to get going from the van to the door, and what I'm going to eat for a very late dinner, and right at the very edge of my consciousness, very, very low, I hear Ace of Base. I thought I was going insane.

I think that I am coming down with something. I'm not stuffy, but my throat feels horrid from post-nasal drip, and my nose is drippy. Aaaarrrrgh and such. Utter, utter, utter evil.

Right. Early morning class. Way past my weeknight bedtime. Off I go.

*edit: The net, she is buzzing over this guy Jack Chick, who has his own series of online comics called Chick's Tracts. They're very fanatically Christian, and they go on about how this and that is the Devil's work, and all good children can find salvation in Jesus. One which especially tickled me was this one about Dungeons and Dragons being a satanic cult.

Now, I'm the first to admit that hardcore D&D players creep me out, but that's because a lot of them are skeezy and even geekier than I am. Weird though they may be, I highly doubt that they are all Devil-ridden witches. Plus, check out this Chick guy's artwork. Just look at the blond girl's face in the 6th panel. C'mon, the worst artist in my drawing class could do better than that.

Yes, so check out these 'tracts' for a good laugh. The guy is certifiable, and yeah, lots of them are full of hate and prejudice and just plain old stupidity, but the key is to bear in mind that you just can't take this idiot seriously. I don't know how people like that can exist in real life.

11:52 PM

 
This page is powered by Blogger.