Formerly Felines for Anarchistic Green Democracies

A Bostonian at the University of Michigan.


There will also be discussion of the New England Patriots, Miami Dolphins, and Michigan Wolverines. Probably in that order.

Detroit Tigers content now at Roar of the Tigers!



























 
Archives
April 2002 May 2002 June 2002 July 2002 August 2002 September 2002 October 2002 November 2002 December 2002 January 2003 February 2003 March 2003 April 2003 May 2003 June 2003 July 2003 August 2003 September 2003 October 2003 November 2003 December 2003 January 2004 February 2004 March 2004 April 2004 May 2004 June 2004 July 2004 August 2004 September 2004 October 2004 November 2004 December 2004 January 2005 February 2005 March 2005 April 2005 May 2005 June 2005 July 2005 August 2005 September 2005 October 2005 November 2005 December 2005 January 2006 February 2006 March 2006 April 2006 May 2006 June 2006 July 2006 August 2006 September 2006 October 2006 November 2006 December 2006 January 2007 February 2007 March 2007 April 2007 May 2007 June 2007 July 2007 August 2007 September 2007 October 2007 November 2007 March 2008 April 2008 May 2008 June 2008 July 2008 August 2008 September 2008 October 2008 November 2008 January 2009 February 2009 March 2009 April 2009 September 2009













 




Blogging the Detroit Tigers for the Most Valuable Network.












the flickr photostream

Head here to see what I've been shooting lately.


the game sets

Head here to see the shots from a specific baseball or football game (or anything else I've made a set for).



Features


Spelling rant
Yankee Star Wars
A Tigers Comedy of Errors
How bad is Keith Foulke really?
Harry Potter and the Boston Red Sox
Bellhorn vs. Graffanino vs. Lamprey
Critiquing team slogans
Joey Harrington blogs a baseball game
Jason Varitek gets injured
Winter meetings fashion report
Mascot Rant #1
Mascot Rant #2




8 Days of Jewish Baseball
Day 1- Kevin Youkilis
Day 2- Brad Ausmus
Day 3- Al Levine
Day 4- Jason Marquis
Day 5- John Grabow
Day 6- Justin Wayne
Day 7- Shawn Green
Day 8- Gabe Kapler and Theo Epstein

the Story of Chanukah, Red Sox style
Part I: the cruel reign of Steinbrennochus
Part II: rise of the Soxxabees
Part III: the rebellion begins!
Parts IV, V, and VI
Parts VII and VIII


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Fun with Roster Photos
Note: Comments may not exactly correspond to images, as the images will change when the team puts up new photos. Adds a level of surreality, I think.
Detroit Tigers
Boston Red Sox
New York Yankees
Chicago White Sox
Baltimore Orioles
Boston Red Sox 2006
Boston Red Sox 2007
New York Yankees 2007


Teams of the Cat

Boston
Red Sox
Patriots

Detroit
Lions
Tigers

Miami
Dolphins

University of Michigan
Wolverines (all sports)

this is all


Sports Reads


12eight
Baseball Desert
Baseball Heavy (PawSox)
Basegirl
Bullshit Memorial Stadium
Cursed to First
Empyreal Environs
Firebrand of the AL
GYS Network
Joy of Sox
Livejournal Home of Red Sox Nation
Misery Loves Company (Sox and Mets)
Over the Monster
Papel-blog
Peter on All
Professional, Idiot, and the Tailback
Red Sox Fan in Pinstripe Territory
Respect the Tek
Sass-a-thon
Singapore Sox Fan
Surviving Grady
Twitch124
Yanks Fan vs. Sox Fan


Detroit Tigers and Lions



Roar of the Tigers

Beyond Boxscores
Bless You Boys
the Cheap Seats
Daily Fungo
Detroit Tiger Weblog
Lions Den
Mack Avenue Tigers
Mickey Tettleton Memorial Overpass
Motown Sports (messageboard)
Motown Sports Revival
Northern Michigan Detroit Sports Blog
Out of Bounds
Sweaty Men Endeavors
Take 75 North
Tiger Tales
TigerBlog
Tigers Central
Where have you gone, Johnny Grubb?


I'm a member of DIBS!



College Sports


MGoBlog (Michigan)

Big Ten Hardball
Blog that Yost Built (Michigan)
Blue-Gray Sky (Notre Dame)
Boi from Troy (USC)
Every Day Should be Saturday (Florida, general college sports)
iBlog for Cookies (Michigan)
ParadigmBlog (Michigan)
Rammer Jammer Yellow Hammer (Alabama)
Schembechler Hall (Michigan)
Sunday Morning Quarterback (Southern Miss, mostly general)



2632 (Orioles)
Aaron Gleeman (Twins)
Around the Oval (Ohio State)
Bard's Room (White Sox)
Bat Girl (Twins)
Ben Roethlisberger (personal blog, god help us all)
Bronx Banter (Yankees)
Bronx Block
Buckeye Commentary (Ohio State)
Camden Chat (Orioles)
Enlightened Spartan (Michigan State)
Futility Infielder (Yankees)
Let's Go Tribe (Indians)
NYYFans.com (Yankees forum)
Pinstripe Alley (Yankees)
Replacement Level Yankees
Royals Authority
Royals Review
Tribe Report (Indians)
TwinsGeek



Armchair GM (all)
Athletics Nation
Blog Maverick (Mark Cuban)
Catfish Stew (Athletics)
Deadspin
Ducksnorts (Padres)
Fire Joe Morgan
Gaslamp Ball (Padres)
Goat Riders of the Apocalypse (Cubs)
Idiots Write About Sports (A's, Giants)
Lookout Landing (Mariners)
McCovey Chronicles (Giants)
Metstradamus
Minor League Ball
On the DL (gossip)
Pittsburgh Lumber Co. (Pirates)
Rays Talk
Red Reporter (Reds)
Serious Dismay Sports
Uniwatch (all teams)
USS Mariner (Mariners)



Gilbert Arenas
Curtis Granderson
Tommy Lasorda
Mike Maroth
Pat Neshek
Raymond
Nate Robertson
Curt Schilling
CJ Wilson
Kevin Youkilis



the Brushback
Call of the Green Monster (Red Sox)
Die-hard Cubs Fun
the Dugout, chat room of pro baseball
Korean baseball cartoons (inexplicable)
Soxaholix
Wizznutzz (Wizards..just read it)



Ann Arbor is Overrated
B3ta
Dave Barry
BaseBlogging
'boards
Chromasia
Corey Corcoran
Fried Rice Thoughts
Go Fug Yourself
Goodspeed Update
Grand Mental Station
Quo Vadimus
McSweeney's
pasquinade
PostSecret
Ryan Estrada
Scaryduck
Vitriolica
Whatevs.org
Mike Wieringo


if you are wishing to email the resident feline anarchist, you may do so at
bluecatsredsox@gmail.com


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.


Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com































 
Friday, August 08, 2003  
I am listening to strange things online with my brand new fancy-shmancy headphones, specially purchased for college, so that I may listen to my often bizarre music without arousing the ire of my roommate.

Whom I met tonight. Well, I spoke with her on the phone. Alas, all who know me will attest to my fiery hatred of that particular implement of communication, so I may not have been as comfortable speaking, via phone, as I would be otherwise. But it was nice that she called me, since I hate the phone so very much that I probably would not have called her up of my own volition.

Her name is Brynn. She's from California. She's also Jewish, which is A Good Thing. At least, I assume she's Jewish, since she went to a private hebrew high school, but I suppose that technically she might not be. But I think that she is. My grandmother will be filled with happiness if she is.

She has two siblings, an English Springer Spaniel, and a Dell laptop, but she wanted to get a Mac. So take that, Jason! We all know my computer credo by now, there is no god but our Mac, etc. etc.

Other than this I am going to reserve judgement about her, since I've only ever spoken with her once, and that was on the hated phone. I say to myself, "Feline Anarchist, you will not be able to make an accurate assessment of this person until you meet her face to face and spend a little time with her. Then you can be as judgemental as you please/normally are."

That said, I intend to go easy on her with my usual evilly-and-extremely-judgemental nature, because I am heading off to college fully aware that I am what some people would consider their worst roommating nightmare. No, I am most definitely not the easiest person to cohabitate with. Part of this, of course, is the fact that I'm not one of those people who eagerly look forward to the part of the 'college experience' where they get to live in the same room with another person. Or several other persons. No, I could live my life in complete contentment if I had a single for a dormroom. Heck, I applied for a single. I knew I wouldn't get one, being a wittle froshie and all, but I thought it was worth a shot.

That said, I'm extremely glad that I got a double, and not a triple or, cat forbid, a quad. I am pleasantly resigned to living with someone else, at least for my freshman year, and I'm prepared to like the girl and even, *gasp gasp!*, maybe have a good time.

But like I said, I'm not the best person to live with. It's sort of hard to explain. If you're a local and you know me, you know what I'm talking about.

I'm talking about watching the Jeff Corwin show on Animal Planet because he's hot. And rooting for silly football teams like the Lions and the Dolphins. And being oddly surly and uncommunicative at random, unpredictable times. And crinkling the pages of my books when I read. And listening to my crazed music that you've probably never heard of (unless, of course, you clickee the links conveniently provided under the Music section on the side).

And the large XFiles poster I am obviously bringing to hang in my dormroom. And furtively sketching you when I think you're not looking. And going online at all sorts of ungodly hours of the night and early morning. And liking to go birding. And ranting loudly if someone suggests that any computer is better than a Mac.

I'm talking about drawing comic books because they're fun to do.

Yeah, most people out there who are reading this are thinking, "Holy cats, I would not want this girl for my roommate (and if I am a fellow, I would not want her male counterpart). No sir. Most assuredly not."

They are perhaps not thinking it in those exact words, but the implication is all the same.

Ah, college. Things to look forward to. On to more immediate matters.

You people who keep emailing me about the online art gallery! You people who continue to email me despite the fact that I addressed this in the July 31st blog! Crikey. I didn't realize there was this sort of demand. How about we say that you people don't email me anymore on this particular point, unless you've got a link for a free photo hosting site I can use. Think you can handle that?

But since the demand has been so very high, I scanned a little sumpin here special for you, my loyal and dedicated readers. And determined. Very, very, almost frighteningly determined readers. But not local. None of the emails are from locals. Still haven't figured this one out, I'm pretty damn sure everyone in jolly ol' S'scott has my email address (posted over on yonder sidebar <--), and I know that some of them read this here turkey, but they never take up the causes the way you nonlocal readers do.

Anyways.


this is how i say to the world: "i am a complete and utter dork"
then the world says to me: "no shit, mycroft"
then i cry because i am the only one who got that joke


Yes. I. Am. A. Dork. But I just can't get over it. I mean, his name's Wolverine. His costume colors are blue and yellow. U. of M. are the Wolverines. The school colors are blue and yellow. It's just too damn perfect for me to ignore. So I don't ignore it. I don't ignore it in heinously geeky ways like this.

I'd also just like to say that the colors weren't that screwy in the original, but it scanned in all funky and whatnot, and I was too lazy to futz with it much in Photoshop. The colors are actually pretty good on the original, but my scanner doesn't like markers. At all.

I think if I had put a white piece of paper behind it, it would've scanned fine. Alas, what's done is done.

This is looking to be a rather long blog, but you are loving it. And I, in turn, am feeling the love.

I added a couple of new things to the 'See Before You Die or You Will Never Rest in Peace' section over on the side. They were already posted herein, but if you haven't seen them yet, you need to. Right now. Along with everything else already posted in that section. If you don't visit any other site that's listed on the side (and I list only the finest quality, excellent websites), you must at the very least visit those sites which I have specially set aside as 'necessary for leading a fulfilled existence'.

Both the new linkees are by the incomparable Joel Veitch. The first is, of course, that most excellent 'If Destiny's Child were kittens from Northern England, this is exactly what they would sound like' animation. Most of you have already seen this, and you're 28 types of fool if you haven't.

The other is the Spongmonkeys singing 'We Like the Moon' animation, which is altogether more disturbing. It also caters to a different sort of taste. Any but the densest of clods can enjoy the Destiny's Child Kittens song, but it takes a special sort of maniac to truly appreciate the Spongmonkeys. Fortunately for you, cher reader, I am that special sort of maniac. Thusly are you entertained.

Not up on the side, but here in the body of this here blog, is Joel Veitch's brand-spankin'-new tuneful animation, Red Panda's ballad to his girlfriend, Hippo Girl. It's somewhere between the Kittens and the Spongmonkeys on the Disturbing Scale. It's much more soothing-sounding than the Spongmonkeys, but some of the lyrics are a little... yeah.

Anyways, it made me giggle manically. Or maybe it was snickering. Anyways, I was reacting with some sort of amusement. Just go see it.

The other night me, Jess, Jason and Corey had dinner at Monte's. I had black olive pizza. It was delectable. Their house salad dressing is a secret legend because it is so very ambrosial.

Then we watched To Die For, with Nicole Kidman. In the movie, I mean. She wasn't watching the movie with us. Anywho, I really liked it. It was very funny in a slightly sick and certainly dark sort of way. And Nicole Kidman is nuts, yet a good actress. The funeral scene was great. I loved the sister. Er... let's say... Three Paws Up. Corey enjoyed it as well, but Jess fell asleep and Jason spent most of it tinkering with his laptop, so I suppose it's not a film for everyone.

Then we played Balderdash. Yes. A board game. Yes, we did. And yes, we played it for quite some time. It was actually much fun, because the game consists of someone reading out a word, and everyone has to guess at the definition of it. Or make it up, if they don't know. And then people have to guess what's the right definition.

I don't know if that made any sense, but it's a really good game if you have people who can make up crazy yet plausible definitions. We had those people. Much laughter, mostly on my part, since I was reading the words and I got to see what definitions people were writing. I tried to pick words that I thought people had some chance of knowing, but evidently I was mistaken.

To try your hand at it, here are some of the words we really used.

-ewer
-heliolater
-flapdragon
...and this was the one that made me angry when no one knew it...
-cerulean

Definitions and commentary at the bottom of the blog. Go ahead, write down what you think they mean. Make it up if you don't know. Don't cheat, you horrible, cheating-type person.

Today I went into Boston. I saw a bull mastiff that was, by far, the largest dog I have ever seen. It was bigger than that dog in Newburyport (far previous blog, which you probably can't see because my archives still don't work). Massive hunk o' dog.

I also ate dinner in Fanuel Hall, sharing a table with three French women. I could understand what they were saying when I was listening attentively. I was rendered happy by this.

I know there was sort of a longish break between this and the last blog, but that's just because I'm lazy. There's going to be a bit of a break between this and the next blog, but that's for a Good Reason. See, I'm going to be out-o-state with some friends of mine, visiting the inimitable Leslie at her current residence in New Yawk, to put it Bostonily. I will undoubtedly have much to blog when I get back from this sojourn. But I shan't blog during.

Shan't, I say.

You know, I never mean to stay up this late. I just can't help it. There's so much to do online, and I just get caught up in the whirlwind of Internet fun. Or I write ridiculously long blogs, like this one so evidently is.

Actually, this is one of the longest blogs I've written in a very long time.

Definitions and commentary! You best not be cheatin'.

-ewer: a pitcher or jug with a flaring spout
comments: no reason why i knew this one. i just did. so i expected everyone else to. foolishness.

-heliolater: a sun worshipper
comments: i didn't know this one, but i did know that 'helio' means sun, so i figured that people would at least be able to make close guesses. more wrongness on my part. jason and corey thought it had to do with helium and balloons, and jess said something about a lamp base.

-flapdragon: a game in which players catch raisins soaked in burning brandy and swallow them
comments: i knew that a 'snapdragon' was a raisin soaked in burning brandy, so i was thinking that maybe people would get that the two words were connected. a couple of people got that the two words were related, but none of them knew what a snapdragon was, other than the flower of the same name. *sigh*

-cerulean: azure or sky blue
comments: blue! it means 'blue', people! i've known this word since 5th or 6th grade! possibly before! the others i could understand. but for cat's sake! blue! no one got it. i was filled with shame.

Hope you got at least one of them.

Good Night/Early Morning.

2:27 AM

 
This page is powered by Blogger.