Formerly Felines for Anarchistic Green Democracies

A Bostonian at the University of Michigan.


There will also be discussion of the New England Patriots, Miami Dolphins, and Michigan Wolverines. Probably in that order.

Detroit Tigers content now at Roar of the Tigers!



























 
Archives
April 2002 May 2002 June 2002 July 2002 August 2002 September 2002 October 2002 November 2002 December 2002 January 2003 February 2003 March 2003 April 2003 May 2003 June 2003 July 2003 August 2003 September 2003 October 2003 November 2003 December 2003 January 2004 February 2004 March 2004 April 2004 May 2004 June 2004 July 2004 August 2004 September 2004 October 2004 November 2004 December 2004 January 2005 February 2005 March 2005 April 2005 May 2005 June 2005 July 2005 August 2005 September 2005 October 2005 November 2005 December 2005 January 2006 February 2006 March 2006 April 2006 May 2006 June 2006 July 2006 August 2006 September 2006 October 2006 November 2006 December 2006 January 2007 February 2007 March 2007 April 2007 May 2007 June 2007 July 2007 August 2007 September 2007 October 2007 November 2007 March 2008 April 2008 May 2008 June 2008 July 2008 August 2008 September 2008 October 2008 November 2008 January 2009 February 2009 March 2009 April 2009 September 2009













 




Blogging the Detroit Tigers for the Most Valuable Network.












the flickr photostream

Head here to see what I've been shooting lately.


the game sets

Head here to see the shots from a specific baseball or football game (or anything else I've made a set for).



Features


Spelling rant
Yankee Star Wars
A Tigers Comedy of Errors
How bad is Keith Foulke really?
Harry Potter and the Boston Red Sox
Bellhorn vs. Graffanino vs. Lamprey
Critiquing team slogans
Joey Harrington blogs a baseball game
Jason Varitek gets injured
Winter meetings fashion report
Mascot Rant #1
Mascot Rant #2




8 Days of Jewish Baseball
Day 1- Kevin Youkilis
Day 2- Brad Ausmus
Day 3- Al Levine
Day 4- Jason Marquis
Day 5- John Grabow
Day 6- Justin Wayne
Day 7- Shawn Green
Day 8- Gabe Kapler and Theo Epstein

the Story of Chanukah, Red Sox style
Part I: the cruel reign of Steinbrennochus
Part II: rise of the Soxxabees
Part III: the rebellion begins!
Parts IV, V, and VI
Parts VII and VIII


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Fun with Roster Photos
Note: Comments may not exactly correspond to images, as the images will change when the team puts up new photos. Adds a level of surreality, I think.
Detroit Tigers
Boston Red Sox
New York Yankees
Chicago White Sox
Baltimore Orioles
Boston Red Sox 2006
Boston Red Sox 2007
New York Yankees 2007


Teams of the Cat

Boston
Red Sox
Patriots

Detroit
Lions
Tigers

Miami
Dolphins

University of Michigan
Wolverines (all sports)

this is all


Sports Reads


12eight
Baseball Desert
Baseball Heavy (PawSox)
Basegirl
Bullshit Memorial Stadium
Cursed to First
Empyreal Environs
Firebrand of the AL
GYS Network
Joy of Sox
Livejournal Home of Red Sox Nation
Misery Loves Company (Sox and Mets)
Over the Monster
Papel-blog
Peter on All
Professional, Idiot, and the Tailback
Red Sox Fan in Pinstripe Territory
Respect the Tek
Sass-a-thon
Singapore Sox Fan
Surviving Grady
Twitch124
Yanks Fan vs. Sox Fan


Detroit Tigers and Lions



Roar of the Tigers

Beyond Boxscores
Bless You Boys
the Cheap Seats
Daily Fungo
Detroit Tiger Weblog
Lions Den
Mack Avenue Tigers
Mickey Tettleton Memorial Overpass
Motown Sports (messageboard)
Motown Sports Revival
Northern Michigan Detroit Sports Blog
Out of Bounds
Sweaty Men Endeavors
Take 75 North
Tiger Tales
TigerBlog
Tigers Central
Where have you gone, Johnny Grubb?


I'm a member of DIBS!



College Sports


MGoBlog (Michigan)

Big Ten Hardball
Blog that Yost Built (Michigan)
Blue-Gray Sky (Notre Dame)
Boi from Troy (USC)
Every Day Should be Saturday (Florida, general college sports)
iBlog for Cookies (Michigan)
ParadigmBlog (Michigan)
Rammer Jammer Yellow Hammer (Alabama)
Schembechler Hall (Michigan)
Sunday Morning Quarterback (Southern Miss, mostly general)



2632 (Orioles)
Aaron Gleeman (Twins)
Around the Oval (Ohio State)
Bard's Room (White Sox)
Bat Girl (Twins)
Ben Roethlisberger (personal blog, god help us all)
Bronx Banter (Yankees)
Bronx Block
Buckeye Commentary (Ohio State)
Camden Chat (Orioles)
Enlightened Spartan (Michigan State)
Futility Infielder (Yankees)
Let's Go Tribe (Indians)
NYYFans.com (Yankees forum)
Pinstripe Alley (Yankees)
Replacement Level Yankees
Royals Authority
Royals Review
Tribe Report (Indians)
TwinsGeek



Armchair GM (all)
Athletics Nation
Blog Maverick (Mark Cuban)
Catfish Stew (Athletics)
Deadspin
Ducksnorts (Padres)
Fire Joe Morgan
Gaslamp Ball (Padres)
Goat Riders of the Apocalypse (Cubs)
Idiots Write About Sports (A's, Giants)
Lookout Landing (Mariners)
McCovey Chronicles (Giants)
Metstradamus
Minor League Ball
On the DL (gossip)
Pittsburgh Lumber Co. (Pirates)
Rays Talk
Red Reporter (Reds)
Serious Dismay Sports
Uniwatch (all teams)
USS Mariner (Mariners)



Gilbert Arenas
Curtis Granderson
Tommy Lasorda
Mike Maroth
Pat Neshek
Raymond
Nate Robertson
Curt Schilling
CJ Wilson
Kevin Youkilis



the Brushback
Call of the Green Monster (Red Sox)
Die-hard Cubs Fun
the Dugout, chat room of pro baseball
Korean baseball cartoons (inexplicable)
Soxaholix
Wizznutzz (Wizards..just read it)



Ann Arbor is Overrated
B3ta
Dave Barry
BaseBlogging
'boards
Chromasia
Corey Corcoran
Fried Rice Thoughts
Go Fug Yourself
Goodspeed Update
Grand Mental Station
Quo Vadimus
McSweeney's
pasquinade
PostSecret
Ryan Estrada
Scaryduck
Vitriolica
Whatevs.org
Mike Wieringo


if you are wishing to email the resident feline anarchist, you may do so at
bluecatsredsox@gmail.com


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.


Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com































 
Thursday, June 12, 2003  
Woah.

This is a new blogger. Apparently, the changes which they claimed would occur have occurred. I only hope that this doesn't screw up my blog as you see it. I must say, what I'm looking at right now, posting, is rather different. But hopefully you folks won't see any difference.

Except, of course, in the archives. I sure as heck hope they fix my archives. Probably not, but one can dream, non?

Went into Cambridge today with Maddie and Corey. It was good times. It felt sort of good to get up and go somewhere, rather than sitting around all day. Don't get me wrong. I adore sitting around all day. There are many days when that's all that I ever need to do. But it's nice, every so often, to get up and get going.

On the T over, we encountered a field trip. At the Aquarium stop, about 10 million children got on. They were shrieking and shoving and there were so many of them that the conductor had to do one of those "Please move all the way into the train so that everyone can board" sort of announcements. The noise level of the T car was intense. Then they all got off at the next stop, leaving everyone else with ringing ears and shell-shocked brains.

Anywho. We had fun. We had Finagle A Bagel for lunch, which was unexpectedly sketchy. There's a whole downstairs section indicated by a giant flashing neon arrow that looks entirely out of place in a Finagle A Bagel store. The downstairs is much larger than it has to be, and even though it's all done in bright yellow and purple, it still has a sort of dark, creepy quality to it. They serve alcohol down there. And hot dogs. And there was a small table with small chairs for, presumably, small children. But this table was underneath the stair case. I don't know, it was like the entire place was slightly... off.

Then we went to Newbury Comics and I got new CDs! I got Green Blade Rising by The Levellers, Haunted by Poe, The Very Best of Elvis Costello, and Pretzel Logic by Steely Dan. I'm listening to Pretzel Logic right now. I can see by what you carry that you come from Barrytown. Classic songs. And o so very wonderously good.

The Levellers is also good stuff... I research all these CDs before I buy them, so don't wonder that I always like them when I get them. I wouldn't get them if I wasn't pretty damn sure I would like them in their entirety. Anyways. The Levellers are... well, I'm pretty sure they're British, but their music have a very Irish sound to it. It sort of reminds me of a combination of the Dropkick Murphys, the Mighty Mighty Bosstones, and maybe Spoon. They're definitely not as hard as the Murphys. It's good stuff, I enjoy it.

Poe is also pretty good. I had heard her song Hey Pretty on the radio before (if you listen to FNX or BCN I'll bet you have too... they used to play it some and once you heard it you'd recognize it right off... it's rather memorable). She sometimes sounds like Natalie Merchant, sometimes like Dido, sometimes a good bit like Garbage, and sometimes (to my untrained ear) a little bit like Bjork. Sometimes like something else entirely. The only thing I don't like is that this CD is sort of weirdly tied into this book called House of Leaves, which was written by her brother, and having not read the book, I miss out on some of the nuances of the CD. As McWatt would say, Oh well, what the hell.

The Elvis Costello CD (double CD, actually) is just great because it's got practically every song of his that's any good on it. All his classic songs. Thank you, Corey, for the tip on that one. My dad saw that I got it and he got all excited. Ha. I like a singer that my parents like. I am a dork.

Two, actually. I like Steely Dan. My parents have all the Steely Dan albums. How old school is that, eh? And now I'm buying the CDs. What goes around comes around.

Yup. So we were in Newbury Comics and I blew a major wad of cash (even if it was in gift certificate form) and felt silly for spending so much money. Then we went to the Harvard COOP and I got a book, thereby blowing more cash. I never spend money, so this was sort of crazed for me. Then again, when people are hanging out and they go shopping, it's usually clothes shopping, which means that there's zero temptation for me to buy anything. It's this CD and bookstore shopping that's dangerous for me and my wallet.

We got blessedly caffeinated beverages at Starbucks, and then we sat in there for quite some time and chatted. There was a wonderful girl sitting at the bar thing with us, lying on the countertop and writing frantically in a notebook. Later we were conjecturing as to what she was writing about. She may well have been writing down our conversations. Cat knows we were talking loudly enough, and our conversations were insane enough to attract anyone's attention. Our conversations ranged over such topics as Which type of cracker is best for spreading paste made of souls? and The physical qualities of kiwis, manatees and pterodactyls; and Star Trek fraternities; and How to set up a schedule for doing art over the summer; and Parking Attendant 4-Eva tshirts; and other such things.

Heck, if I was sitting in a Starbucks with a sketchbook and I heard such things, I'd probably write them down. Anywho, Corey wanted to one-up her, so he drew her lying on the counter writing. Just in case she was writing about us. It was highly amusing. I have discovered that, with the right combination of people, you can sit in Starbucks indefinitely.


can you say 'product placement'? and i don't even get paid for it...


Then I came home and worked on the immense scrapbook thing which I am making. It has pictures in it from 1998 to 2003. I've been collecting them forever. Then, because it looked sort of bland, I decided to add a little interest to it by putting in all the doodles I did in school junior and senior years. I already had them cut out and saved, so I'm just sticking them on the pages. It still looks pretty plain, but I think I'm going to keep it that way. I don't think I want it all hucked up.

Then I went and drove around with Jess and Liz. That's another thing you need the right crowd for. I mean, I can sit in a car with Jess and Liz, just driving around and talking, indefinitely. But I most assuredly cannot do this with all people. You need the right people. But I digress.

We were hungry. So we went to Store 24. Liz got a pint of Everything But The ice cream, which is Ben and Jerry's, and has all different sorts of ice cream mixed in with practically every kind of candy you can imagine. And Liz ate it. All. Pretty much. I think Jess had a few bites, but it was mostly Liz. Not only did she eat a pint of ice cream, we also stopped at Wendy's and she got fries. I was impressed.

Then we drove on the single most terrifying road in Marblehead to drive on at night. It's all unpaved and forested and it seems like there are creepy people hiding in the trees just beyond your line of vision waiting to jump your car. The MediMobile was sort of flying over the ruts in the road, and I imagine that it was not much good for the suspension.

Er. Yup. We also had much good conversation, although it was interspersed with The Return of Liz the Metronome, which sort of disrupted things. Also, Jess kept on making us listen to Magic, which must be the most heinous non-rap radio station on the Northshore. I suffers, I does.

Listening to Poe now. This stuff grows on you damn quickly. More well-adapted than fungus, I would say. More effective at growing on you than haustoria.

Yop. S'all for the nonce.

1:23 AM

 
This page is powered by Blogger.