Formerly Felines for Anarchistic Green Democracies

A Bostonian at the University of Michigan.


There will also be discussion of the New England Patriots, Miami Dolphins, and Michigan Wolverines. Probably in that order.

Detroit Tigers content now at Roar of the Tigers!



























 
Archives
April 2002 May 2002 June 2002 July 2002 August 2002 September 2002 October 2002 November 2002 December 2002 January 2003 February 2003 March 2003 April 2003 May 2003 June 2003 July 2003 August 2003 September 2003 October 2003 November 2003 December 2003 January 2004 February 2004 March 2004 April 2004 May 2004 June 2004 July 2004 August 2004 September 2004 October 2004 November 2004 December 2004 January 2005 February 2005 March 2005 April 2005 May 2005 June 2005 July 2005 August 2005 September 2005 October 2005 November 2005 December 2005 January 2006 February 2006 March 2006 April 2006 May 2006 June 2006 July 2006 August 2006 September 2006 October 2006 November 2006 December 2006 January 2007 February 2007 March 2007 April 2007 May 2007 June 2007 July 2007 August 2007 September 2007 October 2007 November 2007 March 2008 April 2008 May 2008 June 2008 July 2008 August 2008 September 2008 October 2008 November 2008 January 2009 February 2009 March 2009 April 2009 September 2009













 




Blogging the Detroit Tigers for the Most Valuable Network.












the flickr photostream

Head here to see what I've been shooting lately.


the game sets

Head here to see the shots from a specific baseball or football game (or anything else I've made a set for).



Features


Spelling rant
Yankee Star Wars
A Tigers Comedy of Errors
How bad is Keith Foulke really?
Harry Potter and the Boston Red Sox
Bellhorn vs. Graffanino vs. Lamprey
Critiquing team slogans
Joey Harrington blogs a baseball game
Jason Varitek gets injured
Winter meetings fashion report
Mascot Rant #1
Mascot Rant #2




8 Days of Jewish Baseball
Day 1- Kevin Youkilis
Day 2- Brad Ausmus
Day 3- Al Levine
Day 4- Jason Marquis
Day 5- John Grabow
Day 6- Justin Wayne
Day 7- Shawn Green
Day 8- Gabe Kapler and Theo Epstein

the Story of Chanukah, Red Sox style
Part I: the cruel reign of Steinbrennochus
Part II: rise of the Soxxabees
Part III: the rebellion begins!
Parts IV, V, and VI
Parts VII and VIII


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Fun with Roster Photos
Note: Comments may not exactly correspond to images, as the images will change when the team puts up new photos. Adds a level of surreality, I think.
Detroit Tigers
Boston Red Sox
New York Yankees
Chicago White Sox
Baltimore Orioles
Boston Red Sox 2006
Boston Red Sox 2007
New York Yankees 2007


Teams of the Cat

Boston
Red Sox
Patriots

Detroit
Lions
Tigers

Miami
Dolphins

University of Michigan
Wolverines (all sports)

this is all


Sports Reads


12eight
Baseball Desert
Baseball Heavy (PawSox)
Basegirl
Bullshit Memorial Stadium
Cursed to First
Empyreal Environs
Firebrand of the AL
GYS Network
Joy of Sox
Livejournal Home of Red Sox Nation
Misery Loves Company (Sox and Mets)
Over the Monster
Papel-blog
Peter on All
Professional, Idiot, and the Tailback
Red Sox Fan in Pinstripe Territory
Respect the Tek
Sass-a-thon
Singapore Sox Fan
Surviving Grady
Twitch124
Yanks Fan vs. Sox Fan


Detroit Tigers and Lions



Roar of the Tigers

Beyond Boxscores
Bless You Boys
the Cheap Seats
Daily Fungo
Detroit Tiger Weblog
Lions Den
Mack Avenue Tigers
Mickey Tettleton Memorial Overpass
Motown Sports (messageboard)
Motown Sports Revival
Northern Michigan Detroit Sports Blog
Out of Bounds
Sweaty Men Endeavors
Take 75 North
Tiger Tales
TigerBlog
Tigers Central
Where have you gone, Johnny Grubb?


I'm a member of DIBS!



College Sports


MGoBlog (Michigan)

Big Ten Hardball
Blog that Yost Built (Michigan)
Blue-Gray Sky (Notre Dame)
Boi from Troy (USC)
Every Day Should be Saturday (Florida, general college sports)
iBlog for Cookies (Michigan)
ParadigmBlog (Michigan)
Rammer Jammer Yellow Hammer (Alabama)
Schembechler Hall (Michigan)
Sunday Morning Quarterback (Southern Miss, mostly general)



2632 (Orioles)
Aaron Gleeman (Twins)
Around the Oval (Ohio State)
Bard's Room (White Sox)
Bat Girl (Twins)
Ben Roethlisberger (personal blog, god help us all)
Bronx Banter (Yankees)
Bronx Block
Buckeye Commentary (Ohio State)
Camden Chat (Orioles)
Enlightened Spartan (Michigan State)
Futility Infielder (Yankees)
Let's Go Tribe (Indians)
NYYFans.com (Yankees forum)
Pinstripe Alley (Yankees)
Replacement Level Yankees
Royals Authority
Royals Review
Tribe Report (Indians)
TwinsGeek



Armchair GM (all)
Athletics Nation
Blog Maverick (Mark Cuban)
Catfish Stew (Athletics)
Deadspin
Ducksnorts (Padres)
Fire Joe Morgan
Gaslamp Ball (Padres)
Goat Riders of the Apocalypse (Cubs)
Idiots Write About Sports (A's, Giants)
Lookout Landing (Mariners)
McCovey Chronicles (Giants)
Metstradamus
Minor League Ball
On the DL (gossip)
Pittsburgh Lumber Co. (Pirates)
Rays Talk
Red Reporter (Reds)
Serious Dismay Sports
Uniwatch (all teams)
USS Mariner (Mariners)



Gilbert Arenas
Curtis Granderson
Tommy Lasorda
Mike Maroth
Pat Neshek
Raymond
Nate Robertson
Curt Schilling
CJ Wilson
Kevin Youkilis



the Brushback
Call of the Green Monster (Red Sox)
Die-hard Cubs Fun
the Dugout, chat room of pro baseball
Korean baseball cartoons (inexplicable)
Soxaholix
Wizznutzz (Wizards..just read it)



Ann Arbor is Overrated
B3ta
Dave Barry
BaseBlogging
'boards
Chromasia
Corey Corcoran
Fried Rice Thoughts
Go Fug Yourself
Goodspeed Update
Grand Mental Station
Quo Vadimus
McSweeney's
pasquinade
PostSecret
Ryan Estrada
Scaryduck
Vitriolica
Whatevs.org
Mike Wieringo


if you are wishing to email the resident feline anarchist, you may do so at
bluecatsredsox@gmail.com


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.


Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com































 
Sunday, October 27, 2002  
Ay, yes, I am well aware of the fact that I have not blogged in a very long time. I apologize. I do not think that I have ever had more homework than I do now. So you must grant me some small pardon.

So... yesterday I slew a centipede. I don't like them, too many damn legs. Anyways, I smooshed it, and when I looked at it to make sure it was good and dead, guess what color its blood was?? It was purple. Not just slightly purple, we're talking incredibly bright, Barney-the-dinosaur-purple. Needless to say, I disposed of it as rapidly as possible.

I saw the Ring on Friday. It was very well made, very cool visually, etc. You know the drill. But there were two things that detracted from what would have been my enjoyment of this film.

1. It was scarier than anything I had ever seen before. We're talking constant cringing in the seat, constant whimpering, constant starting up and sinking nervously back down. We're talking it-did-not-help-to-be-sitting-next-to-Dave-who-is-worse-at-scary-movies-than-I-am. We're talking not going to bed until 4:30 am. That kind of thing. In any event, I was so completely, utterly terrified that I did not enjoy it as much as I otherwise might have.

2. My friends are evil. Entirely evil. You see, I went with a number of people, and some of them had seen it already. And they made an evil pact to not tell me a very important (to me) bit of the movie beforehand. No warning, nothing. And then when it came up in the movie, I was sitting about in the middle of everyone, so I look left. I see evilly grinning faces, all leaning over to see how I was taking it. I look right. Same deal. If you know who I am, and you've seen this movie, you know exactly what I'm talking about. I can't believe they didn't tell me. It was horrid, I tell you, horrid.

And that also kept me from enjoying the movie.

Hm. What else?

Saturday... Corey, Maura and I did our psych project. That was glorious. Were you aware that babies can recognize their mothers by the taste of their nipples? We were not aware, and when we came across that lovely little tidbit in our researches, it afforded hours of fun.

Today (it being Sunday) I carved the family pumpkin, which took a while, as it was a rather thick-walled pumpkin. Then I watched the Lions-Bills game, which the Lions lost, but they did give the Bledsoe a run for his money. I like Joey Harrington, I don't care what you all say. So take THAT!

Last weekend... I haven't said anything about last weekend yet, have I? I suppose I ought to.

Last weekend me, Jess, Liz and Stephanie went into Salem, in order to better view the Haunted Happenings, and to see just what it was that draws hordes of crazed tourists into Salem every October. We went into a haunted house, which was kind of funny, because it was silly. I was not afraid in the least bit, which is somewhat surprising, considering my actions at scary movies. But you know. Anyways, everyone else was terrified. They made me walk in front, which turned out to not help them any, because the people in the haunted house seemed to always attack the second person in line. That happened to be Steph. It was actually pretty funny, because I was wearing a hooded sweater thing, and Stephanie was hanging onto my hood the entire time.

The best bit of the haunted house was when we were all stopped and the attendent was giving us some lame shpeil about 'crypts of doom' or somesuchathing. Suddenly a giant rubber spider falls from the ceiling directly onto my head. I did not jump, or scream. I didn't even flinch. I will admit, I was rather surprised at myself. But the funny bit was that everyone else in the group jumped and shrieked, especially Stephanie. Ha ha ha. I laughed.

In short, it was lame, but it was fun, not because I was scared, but because everyone else was and that was amusing. I'm not really sure why I wasn't scared. My brain is weird sometimes. A stupid movie can leave me shaking and gibbering helplessly, but a haunted house does not a thing.

Then we wandered the streets, and some guy in a full body gorilla suit attacked Jess and Stephanie, and they screamed, and I laughed some more. Then we choked on some smoke. And Liz did not manage to get hurt once, although she did try to mess with an old and moldy microwave sitting on the sidewalk.

Ah, those ancient, abandoned microwaves!

So. Last... Saturday, I guess it was. Sunday? Saturday? I dunno, last weekend. I went into Boston. I went with Rebecca, Corey and Marissa. Also Marissa's friend Adam and Rebecca's friend Brie (sp?). Also SHS english teacher Ms. Ganci. Also said teacher's boyfriend Dan. Later we met up with said teacher's little sister (she being a year older than us kids).

We went to lunch in some bizarre little restaurant on Huntington Ave., the name of which I forget. But it had a large and prominent cross on the sign, and it also had a juke box which featured unnaturally high numbers of Notorious B.I.G. CDs. There was a large TV playing the Michigan game, which of course I watched. During lunch, I would often gasp or comment on the game. Whenever I did this, everyone else would just kind of look at me as though to say 'Football? We know nothing of it, and we wish to know no more than we do. Shut up and eat your grilled cheese.'

Which I did.

Then we went to the MFA and learned that the exhibit we were going to see had sold out, which was rather unfortunate. Didn't even know an exhibit could sell out. Well, in any event, we then went to see the MassArt dorms, since little Ganci was nice enough to finagle a way in for us. Damn nice dorms they were, with a full kitchen and whatnot. And the work rooms had glorious views.

Then we went back into the MFA (general admission) and we got in for free because the guy at the front told us to just go ahead. I love it when that happens. So we wandered around, looking at things, and avoiding the security guard who kept on telling us to leave because the museum would be closing soon. We thought it would be cool to get locked in for the night, like in that book. But then we decided to err on the side of intelligence and get out while the getting was good. If you will.

And that was that. A thoroughly surreal day, mostly because of the random group of people that we were. Six kids who never hang out with each other as a whole group. Plus one english teacher and her boyfriend. It was weird. But quite fun, oddly enough. And, even more oddly, never awkward. Alors, a successful trip overall in that respect. Even though we were denied admission to the exhibit we really wanted to see, we had a good time.

What do you think of 'Holy Cats!' as a powder puff name? I do believe that that shall be my sobriquet.

Umami is a great taste. I wish that more things tasted umami.

I shall endeavor to blog more often this week. But we shall see. It is quite indeterminate right as of this very moment.

We should have had math homework this weekend, but Ms. Monteiro gave us a problem in class and said "If anyone gets the answer to this, no homework for the weekend." Then Drew got the right answer. So, no math homework!

Therefore, I would like to end this blog with a grand old thank you to Drew, for indirectly saving me from a depressed and discouraged emotional state this weekend.

Thank you, Drew.

8:22 PM

 
This page is powered by Blogger.