Formerly Felines for Anarchistic Green Democracies

A Bostonian at the University of Michigan.


There will also be discussion of the New England Patriots, Miami Dolphins, and Michigan Wolverines. Probably in that order.

Detroit Tigers content now at Roar of the Tigers!



























 
Archives
April 2002 May 2002 June 2002 July 2002 August 2002 September 2002 October 2002 November 2002 December 2002 January 2003 February 2003 March 2003 April 2003 May 2003 June 2003 July 2003 August 2003 September 2003 October 2003 November 2003 December 2003 January 2004 February 2004 March 2004 April 2004 May 2004 June 2004 July 2004 August 2004 September 2004 October 2004 November 2004 December 2004 January 2005 February 2005 March 2005 April 2005 May 2005 June 2005 July 2005 August 2005 September 2005 October 2005 November 2005 December 2005 January 2006 February 2006 March 2006 April 2006 May 2006 June 2006 July 2006 August 2006 September 2006 October 2006 November 2006 December 2006 January 2007 February 2007 March 2007 April 2007 May 2007 June 2007 July 2007 August 2007 September 2007 October 2007 November 2007 March 2008 April 2008 May 2008 June 2008 July 2008 August 2008 September 2008 October 2008 November 2008 January 2009 February 2009 March 2009 April 2009 September 2009













 




Blogging the Detroit Tigers for the Most Valuable Network.












the flickr photostream

Head here to see what I've been shooting lately.


the game sets

Head here to see the shots from a specific baseball or football game (or anything else I've made a set for).



Features


Spelling rant
Yankee Star Wars
A Tigers Comedy of Errors
How bad is Keith Foulke really?
Harry Potter and the Boston Red Sox
Bellhorn vs. Graffanino vs. Lamprey
Critiquing team slogans
Joey Harrington blogs a baseball game
Jason Varitek gets injured
Winter meetings fashion report
Mascot Rant #1
Mascot Rant #2




8 Days of Jewish Baseball
Day 1- Kevin Youkilis
Day 2- Brad Ausmus
Day 3- Al Levine
Day 4- Jason Marquis
Day 5- John Grabow
Day 6- Justin Wayne
Day 7- Shawn Green
Day 8- Gabe Kapler and Theo Epstein

the Story of Chanukah, Red Sox style
Part I: the cruel reign of Steinbrennochus
Part II: rise of the Soxxabees
Part III: the rebellion begins!
Parts IV, V, and VI
Parts VII and VIII


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Fun with Roster Photos
Note: Comments may not exactly correspond to images, as the images will change when the team puts up new photos. Adds a level of surreality, I think.
Detroit Tigers
Boston Red Sox
New York Yankees
Chicago White Sox
Baltimore Orioles
Boston Red Sox 2006
Boston Red Sox 2007
New York Yankees 2007


Teams of the Cat

Boston
Red Sox
Patriots

Detroit
Lions
Tigers

Miami
Dolphins

University of Michigan
Wolverines (all sports)

this is all


Sports Reads


12eight
Baseball Desert
Baseball Heavy (PawSox)
Basegirl
Bullshit Memorial Stadium
Cursed to First
Empyreal Environs
Firebrand of the AL
GYS Network
Joy of Sox
Livejournal Home of Red Sox Nation
Misery Loves Company (Sox and Mets)
Over the Monster
Papel-blog
Peter on All
Professional, Idiot, and the Tailback
Red Sox Fan in Pinstripe Territory
Respect the Tek
Sass-a-thon
Singapore Sox Fan
Surviving Grady
Twitch124
Yanks Fan vs. Sox Fan


Detroit Tigers and Lions



Roar of the Tigers

Beyond Boxscores
Bless You Boys
the Cheap Seats
Daily Fungo
Detroit Tiger Weblog
Lions Den
Mack Avenue Tigers
Mickey Tettleton Memorial Overpass
Motown Sports (messageboard)
Motown Sports Revival
Northern Michigan Detroit Sports Blog
Out of Bounds
Sweaty Men Endeavors
Take 75 North
Tiger Tales
TigerBlog
Tigers Central
Where have you gone, Johnny Grubb?


I'm a member of DIBS!



College Sports


MGoBlog (Michigan)

Big Ten Hardball
Blog that Yost Built (Michigan)
Blue-Gray Sky (Notre Dame)
Boi from Troy (USC)
Every Day Should be Saturday (Florida, general college sports)
iBlog for Cookies (Michigan)
ParadigmBlog (Michigan)
Rammer Jammer Yellow Hammer (Alabama)
Schembechler Hall (Michigan)
Sunday Morning Quarterback (Southern Miss, mostly general)



2632 (Orioles)
Aaron Gleeman (Twins)
Around the Oval (Ohio State)
Bard's Room (White Sox)
Bat Girl (Twins)
Ben Roethlisberger (personal blog, god help us all)
Bronx Banter (Yankees)
Bronx Block
Buckeye Commentary (Ohio State)
Camden Chat (Orioles)
Enlightened Spartan (Michigan State)
Futility Infielder (Yankees)
Let's Go Tribe (Indians)
NYYFans.com (Yankees forum)
Pinstripe Alley (Yankees)
Replacement Level Yankees
Royals Authority
Royals Review
Tribe Report (Indians)
TwinsGeek



Armchair GM (all)
Athletics Nation
Blog Maverick (Mark Cuban)
Catfish Stew (Athletics)
Deadspin
Ducksnorts (Padres)
Fire Joe Morgan
Gaslamp Ball (Padres)
Goat Riders of the Apocalypse (Cubs)
Idiots Write About Sports (A's, Giants)
Lookout Landing (Mariners)
McCovey Chronicles (Giants)
Metstradamus
Minor League Ball
On the DL (gossip)
Pittsburgh Lumber Co. (Pirates)
Rays Talk
Red Reporter (Reds)
Serious Dismay Sports
Uniwatch (all teams)
USS Mariner (Mariners)



Gilbert Arenas
Curtis Granderson
Tommy Lasorda
Mike Maroth
Pat Neshek
Raymond
Nate Robertson
Curt Schilling
CJ Wilson
Kevin Youkilis



the Brushback
Call of the Green Monster (Red Sox)
Die-hard Cubs Fun
the Dugout, chat room of pro baseball
Korean baseball cartoons (inexplicable)
Soxaholix
Wizznutzz (Wizards..just read it)



Ann Arbor is Overrated
B3ta
Dave Barry
BaseBlogging
'boards
Chromasia
Corey Corcoran
Fried Rice Thoughts
Go Fug Yourself
Goodspeed Update
Grand Mental Station
Quo Vadimus
McSweeney's
pasquinade
PostSecret
Ryan Estrada
Scaryduck
Vitriolica
Whatevs.org
Mike Wieringo


if you are wishing to email the resident feline anarchist, you may do so at
bluecatsredsox@gmail.com


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.


Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com































 
Saturday, September 14, 2002  
Willya lookit this?? Three posts in one day! It's like a miracle.

OK, a couple of slightly belated birthday greetings... Amy's birthday was yesterday. Happy birthday, Amy! Babo's birthday was the 11th. Happy birthday, Babo!

I just wanted to let you all that my family went to Legal Sea Foods tonight. According to the sign, it is now officially Legal Oods. Mmm. Oods. Anyways, for dinner, my mother had banana slices in marinara sauce. She claimed that they were scallops, but I swear they were banana slices. They didn't look a thing like scallops, and they looked everything like banana slices.

I finally found a psych article. The only thing is, I printed it out, and it's 17 pages long. It didn't look that long on the website, but I suppose that may have been somewhat deceiving.

*unity divides
division will unite*

If you are online and really, really bored, why not go to HoldTheButton.com?

Little brother has left the building. I am overjoyed.

My hands smell like lemons.

Went into the Mac store in the mall today. I love that store. Infinite glory. They had a pen tablet thingy (6 x 8), but it wasn't hooked up to anything, so I couldn't play with it.

One of their Powerbooks had Paint 7 on it, so I was mucking around with that. It's a really, really good program. I would love to have it on my computer. Alas, it is rather expensive. Anyways, I drew an eye, and left it on the computer. It wasn't very good, 'cause you may not know it, but it's really hard to draw with a laptop touchpad. I certainly hadn't realized it. I mean, I can't draw very well with a mouse either, but the touchpad was even worse.

I guess I could get better if I did more drawing on the computer with the mouse, but I much prefer working by hand. So I don't get any practice in. Hence my desire for a pen tablet.

Hence and Nonce are both very nice words.

Last night me, Jess and Liz went to the batting cages and the driving range. The batting cage was an utter disaster for me. I suppose that the only good thing about it was that it reminded me exactly why I do not play softball. The driving range was much more fun, because I could actually hit the ball, and it would got places. It didn't go as far as Liz's (she was hitting them all the way out to the fence!), but it went farther than Jessica's. Jess was hitting them kind of funny, they would go a ways, but they would sort of skim the ground, instead of getting up in the air.

Then we played ping pong at my house. At this point, Liz had drunk two (yes, two) energy drinks in a very short period time, plus a bag of Swedish fish and two rolls of Mentos. Her hyperness cannot be conceived unless you had seen it. I mean, we're talking jumping around, tapping everything, and, scariest of all, jerking the car all over the road. I was terrified.

After the first drink, when we were driving out to the batting cages, Liz's hyperness had made Jess hyper, and we were passing the lovely Salem State campus, and there was a sign for the play Oedipus. Jessica starts screaming, "Oedipus!!! OEDIPUS!! OEDIPUS!!! FIELD TRIP!!!" Liz was kind of driving along, grinning spastically and tapping the steering wheel, and then all of a sudden she notices the sign too, and she screams, "O my god! OEDIPUS!" and stops the car in the middle of the road in order whirl around in her seat and look at the sign and scream, "I didn't see it before! I thought you were just yelling 'Oedipus!'!! But there it is! OEDIPUS!!" Thank cats there was no one behind us.

Anyways, that was on one energy drink. I leave her behavior after 2 to your own imagination.

*dirtybird never lose that feeling*

Got my slides back. They look like they came out pretty gloriously. But, I mean, how can you really tell? I've got 4 copies of each in different exposures, but I can't really tell on the slides which one looks better. How am I supposed to pick without actually putting them in a slide projector? Does anyone know??

Tomorrow night is the Sopranos season premier! I am very excited! I love that show! Six Feet Under too... I'm not sure which one I like better, they're both so very wonderous. I don't watch Sex in the City. Two HBO shows is enough for me.

*when you see me walking miles away
but someone has to pay*

The Run Lola Run soundtrack is really good, in keeping with the magnificence of the movie. At first all of the songs sounded alike, but now that I've listened to it a number of times I can tell them apart, and I like the vast majority of them.

I started thinking about Run Lola Run. I do believe that it is one of my all-time favorite movies. What are the others? Yeah, I know you care so much, but tough toots. I shall tell you anyways.

-Run Lola Run
-Waking Life
-the Matrix
-Best in Show
-Lord of the Rings
-Being John Malkovich
-Pi
-Shakespeare in Love
-Rushmore
-Traffic

I think that's about it. There may be a few more that I'm just blanking on right now, but that's the sum of it that I can bring to mind at this particular moment in time.

Freakiest movies I have ever seen?

-Requiem for a Dream
-Man Bites Dog
-Office Killer
-e-love

Best quotes from movies that I actually remember?

"On really romantic evenings of self, I go salsa dancing with my confusion." -Waking Life

"His name is Babe... Babe Magnet." -Chulsky, in e-love

That's enough movie stuff for now.

Slog, slog, slog. Through a bog.

Perhaps I ought to go attend to my math homework.
Well, perhaps not.

Just got The Watchmen. It won a Hugo award, and when I first got it I thought to myself, "What comic book wins a literary award?" Then I read it. Then I realized why it had won a major literary award. Wow. It was so incredible that it almost defies explanation. I mean... it seems at first like just another superhero comic, but it really is just as much a regular superhero comic as Maus or Ghost World is. That is to say, not at all.

I read the whole thing in one day, and then I read it over again, and again. Each time I got more subtleties out of it, both in the writing and the illustrations. The only complaint that I have is with the coloring, which, quite frankly, sucks. But the rest of it makes up for that. More than makes up for it. I don't care if you think comic books are stupid. You need to read The Watchmen. It is, so far as I can see, a major literary landmark. In-freaking-credible.

Alright. I've ranted and raved enough for one day. Three posts!

Whew!

10:23 PM

 
This page is powered by Blogger.